This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats with all of the popups?

I have logged into apolyton from two different locations the past few days and I get a lot of javascript popups everytime i switch pages. Is this some sort of attempt to get me to sign up for apolyton plus?!

Get a plus account if you don't like it. Otherwise, be thankful that poly exists and suck it up.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Change to light style.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Been seeing quite a lot of this one lately.:

Address:http://c.casalemedia.com/c?f=1&id=1&...NvbQ==&c=39699

Image:http://isg31.casalemedia.com/V2/39699/53336/5-old.gif
        Attached Files
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

NEVER press "Cancel" (or whatever else in that window) on that one.
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

That's a nasty looking one. If more people post they have seen it and the relevant info Mark and Dan can stop it.

Comment

Hmm, on the laptop I usually browse Apolyton (which allows ads on Apolyton) I get few ads. But now I'm browsing with a computer that blocks the ads, and I get flooded with two of them on every page I open.
              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I can vouch that it bypasses Firefox's otherwise excellent popup blocker script.

Comment

By the lack of response from the owners, I guess this is an attempt to "encourage" more people to sign up for Plus. The popups are really bad today..

I'm already using light-style, Skanky.

Comment

Originally posted by bfg9000
                    By the lack of response from the owners, I guess this is an attempt to "encourage" more people to sign up for Plus.
                    A bad assumption and a totally unfair comment to make ... The owners have shown a STRONG willingness in the past to get rid of the real obnoxious pop ups. Dan and Markos just haven't seen this thread yet.
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

By the lack of response from the owners, I guess this is an attempt to "encourage" more people to sign up for Plus. The popups are really bad today..

I'm already using light-style, Skanky.
                      [q=Ming]A bad assumption and a totally unfair comment to make ... The owners have shown a STRONG willingness in the past to get rid of the real obnoxious pop ups. Dan and Markos just haven't seen this thread yet.[/q]
                      For example (If you can handle the spam.):

Last edited by alva; August 19, 2005, 13:20.
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

The ones I usually get are adds for entrepenuer.com and something about taking a pepsi taste test..

Yeah, I know the owners are cool, Ming. I just get impatient sometimes.. I take back the sarcastic comments....

Comment

Yeah, I know the owners are cool, Ming. I just get impatient sometimes.. I take back the sarcastic comments....
                          NP... The owners have been very busy lately, and I just wanted to make some response until they do have a chance to look into it
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

IIRC they wuill want the URL of the adds to heklp them identify and block the culprit. It might be useful posting that before they see this thread.
                            (+1)

Comment

Originally posted by spartak
                              IIRC they wuill want the URL of the adds to heklp them identify and block the culprit. It might be useful posting that before they see this thread.
                              Good call... and obviously somebody who is familiar with their normal response to threads like this
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                              X