Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PM boxes

Originally posted by snoopy369
    I'm sure this has been posted before, but I'd like to bring it up again.

2 things about PM boxes.

1 - can we possibly have larger PM boxes for PLUS! people? I realize 99% of people don't need them ... but Forum Game GMs prefer to save the PMs from FGs until at least a few rounds down (to be able to correct errors in data entry etc.), and i'm sure there are a few others who could use the space for some VALID reason. An extra 100 PMs to all plus people wouldn't be a significant strain on resources, I'd think ...

2 - regardless of the above, it would be nice to have a meter on the top of your PM box somewhere indicating HOW full your PM box is. When you are like me and have usually 80-90 PMs, it's nice to know when you need to delete things instead of finding out when someone tries to PM you ...
    Thought Mark already did the latter, and PLUS members already have extra PM space. I guess you mean you want even more.

Comment

Hmm, forgot about this thread ...

Thanks MarkG - I never noticed the ability to mouseover-see the amount of PMs i have. That will do.

300 is more than I thought I had - maybe i have some old old ones I haven't checked ...
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

The pm indicator didn't work before as it didn't correctly take into account both messages in your inbox and in your sent box (mine shows 48% full, but i have 248 total messages or almost 75%...time to clean it out ).

I suscribed basically for the benifit of a larger PM box, and like snoopy, still run into the problem of running out of room. As long as I remember to clean it out (as Maniac suggests, I download the PMs and save them just in case) after a forum game ends it is not nearly as big a problem as it was however.

And Illumatus, I beleive you are incorrect, the email message is only generated when someone tries to send you a PM to your full inbox. If it stays full for a week with no one trying to send you a message, you wouldn't know until they did.

/me
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Hmm, that makes more sense. Mine is 43.33% full according to the indicator, but I highly doubt it's actually that empty ...
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
          X