PM boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM boxes

I'm sure this has been posted before, but I'd like to bring it up again.

2 things about PM boxes.

1 - can we possibly have larger PM boxes for PLUS! people? I realize 99% of people don't need them ... but Forum Game GMs prefer to save the PMs from FGs until at least a few rounds down (to be able to correct errors in data entry etc.), and i'm sure there are a few others who could use the space for some VALID reason. An extra 100 PMs to all plus people wouldn't be a significant strain on resources, I'd think ...

2 - regardless of the above, it would be nice to have a meter on the top of your PM box somewhere indicating HOW full your PM box is. When you are like me and have usually 80-90 PMs, it's nice to know when you need to delete things instead of finding out when someone tries to PM you ...
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Both good ideas. It doesn't happen often, but when the inbox is full you probably wont notice unless some one else bothers to tell you.
    Do you believe in Evil? The Nefarious Mr. Butts
    The continuing saga of The Five Nations
    A seductress, an evil priest, a young woman and The Barbarian King

Comment

It's possible to download PMs, so you can store them on your hard disk.
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I support bigger PM boxes for PLUS members.
        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Re: PM boxes

Originally posted by snoopy369
          1 - can we possibly have larger PM boxes for PLUS! people? I realize 99% of people don't need them ... but Forum Game GMs prefer to save the PMs from FGs until at least a few rounds down (to be able to correct errors in data entry etc.), and i'm sure there are a few others who could use the space for some VALID reason. An extra 100 PMs to all plus people wouldn't be a significant strain on resources, I'd think ...
          300 PMs not enough?
          we'll think about it

2 - regardless of the above, it would be nice to have a meter on the top of your PM box somewhere indicating HOW full your PM box is. When you are like me and have usually 80-90 PMs, it's nice to know when you need to delete things instead of finding out when someone tries to PM you ...
          on mouse over on the pm indicator (the link next to "my threads")
          Last edited by MarkG; August 13, 2005, 15:49.
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Re: Re: PM boxes

Originally posted by MarkG
            on mouse over on the pm indicator (the link next to "my threads")
            That doesn't work if you aren't PLUS member I think. I always see "pm (-/-)" there(I'm not a PLUS member). ATM I have 108 PMs, which is surprising, as I thought the limit was 100.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: PM boxes

Originally posted by Nikolai
              That doesn't work if you aren't PLUS member I think.
              snnopy is though, that's why i said it

ATM I have 108 PMs, which is surprising, as I thought the limit was 100.
              you have 150
              Last edited by MarkG; August 14, 2005, 09:29.
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

how about actually cleaning out your PM boxes.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: PM boxes

Originally posted by MarkG
                  you have 150
                  It says 108 on the front page of the forums.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: PM boxes

Originally posted by Nikolai
                    It says 108 on the front page of the forums.
                    He means that you (and all the other nonPLUS folks) have space for 150 PMs.

Comment

Comment

Why not send a (auto-generated) mail when PM box is full?
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                            how about actually cleaning out your PM boxes.
                            He covered that in the opening post. GMs need to keep multiple PMs for several rounds to ensure data integrity.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                              Why not send a (auto-generated) mail when PM box is full?
                              Correct if I am wrong, but doesn't that feature already exist?
                              SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Working...
                              X