No announcement yet.

Back button functionality after a post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can go back to the quote and read it fine ...

FF 1.0.6
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

it's been working for me lately, btw. only for a few days it was acting up

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns

I know that, but can it be changed. I'm lazy, you see, and would prefer to press one key rather than 3 seperate keys.
        Yes, using Asher's logic if they make it 5 keys, and increase the various combinations of movements you can make with those 5 keys, it is more powerful. Who wants the skip 2/3/4 tabs to the right or left feature?

Just push ALT-TAB-SHIFT-CTRL + R for right or L for left!

Comment

I don't see what's difficult in CTRL-TAB or CTRL-5. Considering ALT-TAB is habitual to most users for window switching (I think Apple copied this recently with COMMAND-TAB), CTRL-TAB is the most consistent and makes the most sense.

As for your question-in-the-form-of-a-sentence, yes it can be changed.

How would you select Tab #5 in Opera...I'm willing to bet it's a lot more than 2 keystrokes.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Asher...

PWNING Opera supports again and again
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Just a random consideration: Lets say I'm typing in this text box and wanted to switch back and forth between a different tab (which I do a lot). This is because I'm reading different web resources I'm using to make my argument.

So tab 2 is what I'm typing in, tab 3 has my google index results, and tab 4 has the actual page I'm reading for reference.

In Firefox I can keep typing while hitting CTRL-4, then CTRL-2 to switch back instantly. In Opera, I'm confused how this would work.

You can't just type "2 2" to go through the tabs to the right a bit, because the focus is on the textbox. Would you need to click outside of the textbox, then hit "2 2" to switch to tab, then "1 1" to switch back, then click in the textfield again?

Opera's got a pretty famously crap interface. This is just another example...
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                Asher...

PWNING Opera supports again and again
                He does? Where? When? How? Did I miss something? Should I take him off my ignore list?
                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                And notifying the next of kin
                Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by Modo44
                  Those pages have the "Pause" button for a reason...

* Modo44 ducks *

EDIT: The going back does not work for me, either. It tries to make a new post (and hits the anti-flood thing), instead of just showing the quote page as it used to. I use Mozilla 1.7.something.
                  hehe

started working for me again

and the delay is often not long enough for me to press pause before it starts loading the next page again, unless i plan on hitting pause without reading the quote (which, as i generally don't want to read the quote, is a huge waste of time) ...
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

isn't poly in general a huge waste of time?

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                      and the delay is often not long enough for me to press pause before it starts loading the next page again, unless i plan on hitting pause without reading the quote (which, as i generally don't want to read the quote, is a huge waste of time) ...
                      I have had a similar thing happen. So, an idea: Make the delay after posting somewhat longer. Or just show the variable to the user, so he/she can change it in the control panel.
                      Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                        isn't poly in general a huge waste of time?
                        Blasphemer!
                        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Modo44

I have had a similar thing happen. So, an idea: Make the delay after posting somewhat longer. Or just show the variable to the user, so he/she can change it in the control panel.
                          Mark, don't make delays longer please.

Comment

Working...
                          X