This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having Problems with Upload

I tryed uploading two JPG's into my upload space. I have a limit of 20Meg and I'm only using just over 6 Meg. The file sizes were both under 100K. They show as not existing, but are listed in my upload list. I tryed to delete but they won't. I tryed to re-upload, but it won't as it says that the files already exists. I tryed renaming and re-uploading and I get the same thing.

I won't post a link to them as they are Private Forum files, but I'll send links to them via PM. Also, they are the only 4 files uploaded today.

E_T
    Come and see me at WePlayCiv
    Worship the Comic here!
    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Can you just attach them directly to the forums?
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Yes... but then, If I want to post multiple Pictures, then I have to make 2 (or more) Posts. Also, The attachment is at the end of the post, but If I want it at the begining or the middle of my text, you can't do that with an attachment.

You can with an upload Picture file.

And If I'm having Problems with this file, what abot the others that I have already up? Can I delete them and re-upload a newer version of them safely?

E_T
      Worship the Comic here!
      Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Originally posted by E_T
        Also, The attachment is at the end of the post, but If I want it at the begining or the middle of my text, you can't do that with an attachment.
        Evil Commie

Yes you can... Though the attached image will always also appear at the end of a post.

First attach the image and post the message. Then copy the attachment image URL, edit your post and put it in like you do with uploaded images.
        Attached Files
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Still, if I'm having problems with the Upload service (and I'm STILL having problems),then something is wrong and needs to be fixed. Please.

E_T
          Worship the Comic here!

Comment

The problem has been resolved.

A general note: when uploading files using Apolyton's forum Upload service, do not use the "#" charcter. It is a character reserved for server processes. If you upload files with this character in them, not only will they not be accessible but you cannot overwrite or remove them. You will need to contact Markos, myself or both of us to remove the "#" character if you wish to keep the files or delete them.

Thread closed.

----------
            Dan; Apolyton CS
            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Working...
            X