June Lists !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rasputin
    any one who can give me their precise join date i can update on my spreadsheet.
    Just use 26th July 1998 as the date, in lieu of anything better.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
      As I'm sure you're aware, the PPD in the userprofile uses a different date. I presume it to be the inception date of Poly.
      Actually, I took a second to calculate it, turns out this varies per poster. Your 6k posts with a 2.38 PPD indicates a time span of 6.9 years (i.e. as long as Apolyton has existed), while Ming's 22k posts with a 1.73 PPD indicates a time span of over 35 years (i.e. from 1970 onwards). Odd...

Using the same starting point as Dauphin, Ming should have a PPD of 8.92.
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

As I'm sure you're aware, the PPD in the userprofile uses a different date. I presume it to be the inception date of Poly.
        Not the inception: 2-15-99 was the first date the forum gave to registered users until we updated to vBboard whereby it went to unix time 1970 for all 2-15ers.

while Ming's 22k posts with a 1.73 PPD indicates a time span of over 35 years (i.e. from 1970 onwards). Odd...
        Which is simply... amazing... and frightening...
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud

Not the inception: 2-15-99 was the first date the forum gave to registered users until we updated to vBboard whereby it went to unix time 1970 for all 2-15ers.
          I'm not saying that. Indeed anyone registered before the first switchover on 15/2/99 has the 1970 reg date now (and prior to the last switchover they had pre-15/2/99), but thats a different issue.

I'm saying that the PPD calculation uses 26/7/98, the date Apolyton was 'created': i.e. Total posts divided by today's date less 26/7/98.

It doesn't use 15/2/99 in that calculation.

Comment

I'm not surprised mine has dropped below 10ppd. :/
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Ah, yes.

Discussions about post counts is what Apolyton is famous for across the boards.

Oh well, +1 is +1. And a +1 about metaspam is still +1.

Comment

I'm saying that the PPD calculation uses 26/7/98, the date Apolyton was 'created': i.e. Total posts divided by today's date less 26/7/98.
                ...Learn something new every day!

I had no idea that they were calculated that way!
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Raz: Shame you lost your spreadsheet, but you could dig out the last thread and do the difference between totals then and now divided by the number of months that have elapsed.

Comment

dont numbers lie any way ?
                    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

The ppd count in my profile seems to be based on July-August 1998. I joined in the first week of Jan '99, so it really isn't that far off.

Seems odd that the software is using 2 different base dates.
                      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                        Raz: Shame you lost your spreadsheet, but you could dig out the last thread and do the difference between totals then and now divided by the number of months that have elapsed.
                        yes already onto that !!!

wont have time this weekend i dont think but will do a comparison next week.

i did find some information from July 2004. so will be able to track SOME peoples posting for the last year.

one interesting statisitic is how little posting i have done in that year .
                        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin

I'm not saying that. Indeed anyone registered before the first switchover on 15/2/99 has the 1970 reg date now (and prior to the last switchover they had pre-15/2/99), but thats a different issue.

It doesn't use 15/2/99 in that calculation.
                          not true, mings post per day on his profile is 1.73 which is his post count diviede by today - 1/1/1970

Comment

Ming appears to be a special case, all the other regular 1970 posters I've seen follow that rule.

e.g
                            MarkG
                            Rah
                            JayBee
                            AH
                            Imran
                            etc

Comment

Ming has always been a SPECIAL case

Comment

See, you get random nobodies with huge post counts if you don't allow them in the off-topic...
                                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                                X