X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Adagio

Will those stats ever return? I miss them
    Quoted for Truth
    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip
      Oh well, looks like I'll never be a Deity. So close I was.
      you will get plenty of opportunity when civ iv arrives
      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

• I´m on my way to King, only 54 posts to go. But Deity is so far off I don´t even see that as a possibility...
        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• I had the same thoughts of me being Emperor a little over a year ago. I used ages to get near to king. Then I lost my connection to Poly( %)¤/% ISP ) for nearly half a year. And look where I am now! With my PPD the last 3 months, I think I'll be Deity in a little over two years from now. If this place still is running and I am still here, and I somehow think that is quite possible.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• matey, this place will be bouncing along in two years from now

and I look forward to quite a few new people wandering these halls, what with all the publicity of civ iv

so now is a good time for us all to be putting on our happy faces and shaking out our welcoming mats to make many new settlers feel welcome

hopefully the spite and rubbish of the ancient dl games will fall away, and the many new converts to civ will thus me made welcome not only in the civ forums, but throughout the many forums that make up the community that be Apolyton.
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Well, luckily the new people will start in the Civ4 forums, not the OTF, which can indeed scare newbies away fast . And if the release of Civ3 in 2001 is any indication, we should get a pretty noticable increase in new registrations once Civ4 is out.
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
                Well, luckily the new people will start in the Civ4 forums, not the OTF, which can indeed scare newbies away fast . And if the release of Civ3 in 2001 is any indication, we should get a pretty noticable increase in new registrations once Civ4 is out.
                Well said
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
                  matey, this place will be bouncing along in two years from now

and I look forward to quite a few new people wandering these halls, what with all the publicity of civ iv

so now is a good time for us all to be putting on our happy faces and shaking out our welcoming mats to make many new settlers feel welcome

hopefully the spite and rubbish of the ancient dl games will fall away, and the many new converts to civ will thus me made welcome not only in the civ forums, but throughout the many forums that make up the community that be Apolyton.
                  Well, I can attest to the fact that despite my best efforts
                  most still l ve me here..

seriously though, if I can find a home in CIVIII with my lack of ability than anyone can

Comment

• For the record, I'm not on the list, but if OT posts counted I'd be a deity, or very, very close.

Personally, I don't think PBEM and diplogames and so forth should add to post count either.

By their very nature they are club threads, and those aren't allowed.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Personally, I don't think PBEM and diplogames and so forth should add to post count either.

I am a demogame hater (well, somewhat, I dislike them), but they probably should add to the post count too. After all, those people play Civ, which is what the site is about. It's not only on-topic, it's actually more so than some other parts of this site (such as this forum).

Comment

• But they exclude a lot of posters, that's the problem I have with 'em.

I can't, fo rinstance go to one of these threads and post a +1.

However, I do play forum games where that sort of thing happens as well.

So I think I doth protest to much........

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Realistically, you can say the same about many threads. Someone who's not a Civ3 player is excluded from most Civ3 threads (like the strategy ones). Someone who doesn't have CtP is excluded forthe most part from CtP forums, and so on.
                          The community is too big here, and it's obviously split anyway into smaller parts, where people don't often even know those in other parts. Some of the best known Civ3 players aren't recognized at all outside the Civ3 forums, there are a few people who only post regularly on the Spanish forum, and then, of course, there is a ton of people who only post in the OTF or only in Civ2 forums actively.

Comment

• well basically this is still called "Apolyton - Civilization Site"

so long live Civ, in its many forms

and Tube, there are many story threads in the PBEM tracker threads, and surely you could get involved... adding to that, a copy of civ II, ctp or civ III is really not all that much $$$, then you could really get into one of many games in many various forums

Solver, not sure of why you dislike demo games, you are definitly welcome to come join in the new Civ III Demo Game based in Japan that is forming up at the moment. actually you all are welcome to get involved. That be the joy of a demo game, all can be involved, no matter if you be an elite civ player, and old battle scarred veteran (like me), right through to dictators like Aqualung Modo and Ljube, then across the spectrum to new settlers that have either just found Apolyton, or have lurked for some time and have just opened the door and finally decided to trust us as a community and to get involved.
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

• you would think with all the comments a few more deities would emerge here

Comment

• My dislike of demogames is nothing personal against any of its members or somesuch - although I was unhappy when some people used demogames as an excuse for their spam when it all started. The reason I don't like demogames is that it's simply not the way I enjoy playing Civ - I prefer to sit and play myself, the demogame way just doesn't appeal to me.

And, I do appreciate the new phenomenon that demogames are, brought something interesting, as in a change.

Comment

Working...
                                X