This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spammers

I've always assumed this forum was for for forum based issues and suggestions and with no place for mindless spamming.

Now I posted what I thought was a reasonable thread concerning the logout link, however that thread has since been spammed and locked. I'm not annoyed at whichever moderator locked it (a wise descision) but rather at those who spammed.

PS - I fully expect this thread to be spammed and locked as well.
    Yes
    45.95%
    No
    37.84%
    Banana option
    16.22%
    There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Re: Spammers

Originally posted by Qilue
    I fully expect this thread to be spammed and locked as well.
    In which case why waste your time creating it?
    (+1)

Comment

Re: Re: Spammers

Originally posted by spartak
      In which case why waste your time creating it?
      A futile gesture in the face of overwhelming odds.
      There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

I've always assumed this forum was for for forum based issues and suggestions and with no place for mindless spamming.

Now I posted what I thought was a reasonable thread concerning the logout link, however that thread has since been spammed and locked. I'm not annoyed at whichever moderator locked it (a wise descision) but rather at those who spammed.

Have you seen the DrSpam's Post Stat ChallengeTM? It is the ultimate in mindless spam, moderator sanctioned and the preserve of the Apolyton Community forum.

Have you seen the Picture thread? A thread created by an Admin full of mindless spam pictures, (excepting the several hundred pictures of Nikolai cavorting with Christian camp girls and putting his fork where is best left unmentioned - I mean, how can that be considered spam?). That too is the Community.

I think your idea of a spamless Community Forum with serious questions is case of overlyus optimisticus
        Last edited by Dauphin; May 19, 2005, 15:24.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Hence why I usually don't even bother to read this forum anymore.
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
            Have you seen the Picture thread? A thread created by an Admin full of mindless spam pictures, (excepting the several hundred pictures of Nikolai cavorting with Christian camp girls and putting his fork where is best left unmentioned - I mean, how can that be considered spam?). That too is the Community.

I think the poly moderation is perfectly well as it is.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I bet this poll will just tell us how many spammers there are in this forum

Comment

I don't go often to the A/C, but I believe that spam doesn't hinder too much the "asked and answered" aspect of things.

There are some threads that are entirely dedicated to spam (the post stat threads), but I see no problem with it.
                I'd like it if the picture thread was purged of its spam, but I understand that it's a huge work for the mods. Certainly not worth the hassle.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Well to be fair, Spikie normally lets the thread fulfill its purpose - for others to answer the original question - before he starts spamming them.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

long may the live
                    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

I think the poly mod-squad do a fine job.

*pulls lever and empties 200-gallon bucket of spamm onto the thread starter*

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                      http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

/me votes no
                        The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin

Many, many people are interested in what Nikolai and his fork are up to.

One day we will get the real truth from the "pious Nikolai."
                          Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

you are so totally right, its a damned shame whats become of this forum. By the way, we havent done a post stats thread lately, have we?
                            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I think this forum is the most appropriate for a bit of community banter. Of course, when said banter causes threads to be closed then it's not good......in my view if the issues are not resolved Ming should post a warning rather than closing the thread, and this is often what he does.

Comment

Working...
                              X