SL Forum Recovery Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well?
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

• *Bumping it back to the first page*

I understand that it's probably busy now with Civ4 and all, but you knew that was coming months ago.

It's been over 6 months now since the forum crash. Is it really *that* hard to recover a forum? If it is, maybe you should be thinking about expanding the staff, because you're clearly too busy with other stuff.
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

• it's hard to find good and cheap labor these days
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

• Well, as much as I'd like to say otherwise, you're probably right.

Comment

• Mark, could you appoint a minion to look after it? We all appreciate you are busy, but it seems harsh on those that contribute to making this site great with the work that they've done.

Comment

• Time for another *bump*

Comment

• Poor Markos...
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker on Great Library - Important Threads
                  I am missing some things that existed before the crash:

Old GL
                  There was a subforum of SLeague that served as a GL. Many important links were there - I think they should be added here.

Hexediting
                  Also very important threads about hexediting appear to be unavailable:
                  You know Allard Hofelt wrote his hex-edit.rtf document (I have it on my harddrive).
                  Then AH started two threads which contained many corrections and new discoveries:
                  The thread Everything about Hex-Editing (but I don't know the link) and
                  Everything about Hex-Editing - UPDATED (this link doesn't work for me)
                  And recently Mercator and Yaroslav started a completely new document stored in one topped thread of the lost SLeague subforum.

I contributed to these threads but found no one of these 3 threads among my subscribed threads. So maybe they were lost during the crash? Can they be digged out? Or does anybody have their copy?
                  They contained a lot of info that were discovered by several people during a long period.
                  I'm not sure about the answer, Slowthinker. I fear that info will never be restored.
                  El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

• I see Mercator annoys well
                    But Markos has a thick skin (I just found it in my dictionary, in czech we say a skin of a hippo )
                    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Hmmm, thanks for that bump there Boco. I seemed to have finally forgotten about this thread.

Thank you SlowThinker. Not good enough, though, I'm afraid, or I wouldn't need to be annoying Markos anymore.

Comment

• *bump* to prevent this from falling off the first page.

Comment

• *bump* to prevent the Civ 2 Library of Alexandria from falling into the ocean.

Comment

• I suddenly remembered again...

Comment

• Markos, would it be easier for you to just dump the entire old forum to text files and hand those over? Those might prove just as useful for our purposes.
                              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

• *Le Bump*

Comment

Working...
                                X