Clear All

Originally posted by Atahualpa
    Get laid with a database???
    i guess i use the word "mysql" a lot more than "my self"
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

But whether you are getting some with your database or getting some with yourself you still arn't helping the Greek population any.

Maybe now that you are out of the army you need.......never mind, I am going to let you figure that out for yourself . (or is that yoursql)

/me offers his congrats and good to have you back, maybe now that you have so much free time you will want to check into a suggestion I made a while back to add the "last time online" to the Buddy List?
      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
          my current rank is Reserve Second Lieutenant
          There's a word for that I'm sure. Where's MtG when you need him?

Comment

What exactly does "Reserve Second LT" mean?

Are you still subject to call up?

For how long? Not the call up but how long do you have to be a "reserve Second LT"?
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25

For how long? Not the call up but how long do you have to be a "reserve Second LT"?
              First LT's are the initial officers, they are replaced later by the Second string LT's. Reserve Second LT's are the bench warmers for when the Second stingers go out.

Comment

Oh come on GF everyone knows you dont know what you are talking about
                *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I'm a reserve (for the case of war) until the age of 45 or 50 (dont remember exactly).

Comment

I see.

Is there universal service in Greece?

Does every able bodied man (person) have to serve?

Sorry if Im overly curious, Im a Naval Reservist in the States and Im just kind of curious how other countries work.

Thanks

Comment

Everyone has to serve for a time in Greece IIRC. Thank goodness I come from a civilised country.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                        i guess i use the word "mysql" a lot more than "my self"
                        upgrade to postgresql

Comment

Does every able bodied man (person) have to serve?
                          yeap, every man must serve. the greek army is turning into a semi-professional model now, so the duty has now fallen to 12 months for normal soldiers (3-4 years ago it was 18) and 17 months for officers (like me)

Comment

No, there isn't a specific rank for Reserve 2nd Lt. We just call it "2nd Lt USAR" (US Army Reserves, or USMCR, or USAFR).

There is an equivalent rank to "vääpeli," we call it Warrant Officer. The use of Warrant ranks have been varied over the years, even completely dropped from use for a decade or two.
                            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I welcome the return of the Dark Lord from the void
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X