Apolyton requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton requests

Markos could you give those smilies an alt tag that is aequivalent to their code? (when showing them in a post)

I also noticed that the thread icons don't have one too (only some and those are very long like "Exclamation"):
    "post", "->", "idea", "!", "?", "8D", ""
    "angry" (or ">" ), "", "", "X(", "", "", ""
    "X|", ":|", "", "", "8)"

The "Go" Button below the forum jump combobox should also get one.

Yeah! You claim to use proper HTML 4.01 Transitional by including a DOCTYPE, but the document type definition clearly states that the alt attribute is required on image tags.

Oh damnit! You're using empty alt attributes.
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Apolyton does not only fail on the alt attribute.

There are numerous errors (322 to be exact).
      Worst one is that no encoding type is specified.
      <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
      or charset=utf-8 (I love unicode)

Validator

But that isn't so much of a problem as long as browsers display it alright.
      The thing with alt tags though is more of a problem when you don't want to browse the net loading images.

Comment

The use of ALT tags would have helped very much back when Settler crashed and then soon died, as images didn't load, so the only way was to utilise any existing ALT texts that marked the image links and which still made it possible to use those links. So definetly a worthy idea.
        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

For me it's that I had to turn off images because I was about to exceed my bandwidth limit.
          Apolyton is not a really good experience if you turn images off.

The worst thing was that posts with just a smiley showed nothing at all, so you could not say which smiley the poster used unless you looked at the source.

Comment

Working...
          X