Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton should have a favicon

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Apolyton should have a favicon

    You know, a special icon for bookmarks and stuff.

    It needs to be a 16 x 16 .ico file (you can probably use free converters to get it from photoshop, like http://www.chami.com/html-kit/services/favicon/)

    Any volunteers? I'm not artistic...
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

  • #2
    That would be cool....
    ____________________________
    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu
    ____________________________

    Comment


    • #3
      haven't this been disgussed allready before? a year or two ago.
      My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

      Comment


      • #4
        Issue comes up about twice a year..

        Mark: "Make one"
        RandomPoster: "Nah, too lazy"
        Ming: "Case close then"
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

        Comment


        • #5
          Well, this thread won't be closed then.

          A favicon for each forum style:

          (edit: added 5 more)
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Mercator; July 23, 2004, 07:15.
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

          Comment


          • #6
            And here are the actual icons, converted with Asher's link...
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Mercator; July 23, 2004, 07:15.
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

            Comment


            • #7
              can you turn the settler into a transparent icon?
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

              Comment


              • #8
                Like this? (cropped, since it has to be 16x16)
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Mercator; July 23, 2004, 12:28.
                Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

                Comment


                • #9
                  The icon...

                  (edit: sorry, something had gone wrong, the icon didn't quite match)
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Mercator; July 23, 2004, 12:29.
                  Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    cool
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        On Firefox, Apolyton hijacked Google's favicon. Same thing happened with Opera. No other site without a favicon has done this though.
                        Attached Files
                        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

                        Comment


                        • #13

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            props to a Favicon. Anything to make the site more attractive.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Apocalypse
                              On Firefox, Apolyton hijacked Google's favicon. Same thing happened with Opera. No other site without a favicon has done this though.
                              It's a weird bug with Firefox at least. Actually I've filed a bug report and it's being worked on:

                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X