Hell..p.. me..... I lose my posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hell..p.. me..... I lose my posts

It is aweful. I wrote a post for Apolyton. It took around three hours. I pressed "Post". It brang me to the login page. I clicked on my browser to get to the page before. My post is not there. My heart contracted, my eyes almost getting wet. My energy barometer just went down.

Do you know a program or something to circumvent this, to remember what I just wrote in a email/forum window or something? You quickly understand why a punishment for war prisoners was to dig a hole and fill it back.
    Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Select text ---> Control C

Edit:
    Last edited by alva; July 20, 2004, 05:00.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Poor Trifna. Sometimes I just click on refresh and my post will be submited. If you click on back half of the time your post will be lost.
      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

It's a piece of steaming crap...I've had it happen, fortunately only with short posts (which seem to comprise most of mine )
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

yup, keep 'em short... Or, for those long ones (if you are so inclined to right those) I generally copy them to word or notepad for safe keeping before hitting submit.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Why copy them at all?? Isn't that why you have a clipboard in the first place?
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

You don't even need to actually copy them anywhere. Always Ctrl-C a large post just in case.......especially in times of server trouble.

Comment

3 hours for a post

now that is dedication.

Comment

The minute I notice that it's taking some time, I just control "C" it ASAP... With super long posts, I ALWAYS control "C" it before hitting submit.
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah, ctrl c is good. If it's a long post filled with actual content, I've done it in Word in the past for spelling/grammar checks. Since most posts here have no actual content...there isn't much point
                    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I've also noticed I don't seem to lose posts with firefox. at least not as often as internet explorer. but I don't think I've had a forum timeout since I have firefox. Atlhough I have had server busy messages. That seems to kill everything. hitting the back button also gives a server busy message.

Comment

Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Or use Opera since it caches anything you write in forms so that it'll be there when you hit back.

Comment

Yeah, Firefox saves text as well. You can go back and still have your stuff.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
                              Or use Opera since it caches anything you write in forms so that it'll be there when you hit back.
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                              X