• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ack! Ads for Civ III: Gold

Originally posted by MarkG

there, i broke my promise....
    How do you sleep at night?
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ack! Ads for Civ III: Gold

Originally posted by MarkG
      allow me to say that you have a peculiar way of
      1) how to register a complain to a free volunteer-run site
      2) what a civil answer is and isnt

there, i broke my promise....

1) My intent was a little humor. Oh well. And it was just a comment. Good grief.

2) Excuse me.... Heck.

Comment

I must say that dunk has a point with that. (hides for the anger of Markos)
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ack! Ads for Civ III: Gold

Originally posted by dunk
          1) My intent was a little humor. Oh well. And it was just a comment. Good grief.
          advice: smilies help get your intent across
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

i mean, imagine ming's post above without the smilies
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

(just for reference purposes)

I see the ad. Instead of non-smiley humor, why not

"Why not replace this advertisement with one for Conquests?"

EDIT: Seeing your complaint at CFC, I note a few things.
                  1) Your post there actually explained why it was bad, which would be much more useful here. Most of the people who spam off in this forum don't even play CivIII and probably wouldn't know the difference. While CFC is only a Civ site, Apolyton includes a far wider range of games--from SMAC to (once upon a time) Dinosaurs to CtP.
                  2) Your post there didn't include a bad joke.
                  3) You'll have to excuse Ming. He works in the advertising industry and thus lacks a soul. (Also, he's not even the official site owner, so comparing him to Thunderfall is irrelevant )
                  Last edited by mrmitchell; July 8, 2004, 20:26.
                  meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Ad saturation can lead to sales. The more you see an ad, the more you want to buy a product, until the saturation is too high and you start to get turned off by the product. Since usually people zone out ads before that, there isn't much of a problem. I might be wrong here because I'm tired, but I'm at least close on some point.
                    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
                      (just for reference purposes)

I see the ad. Instead of non-smiley humor, why not

"Why not replace this advertisement with one for Conquests?"

EDIT: Seeing your complaint at CFC, I note a few things.
                      1) Your post there actually explained why it was bad, which would be much more useful here. Most of the people who spam off in this forum don't even play CivIII and probably wouldn't know the difference. While CFC is only a Civ site, Apolyton includes a far wider range of games--from SMAC to (once upon a time) Dinosaurs to CtP.
                      2) Your post there didn't include a bad joke.
                      3) You'll have to excuse Ming. He works in the advertising industry and thus lacks a soul. (Also, he's not even the official site owner, so comparing him to Thunderfall is irrelevant )
                      There's already an ad for Conquests right above the Civ III: Gold ad.

1) Yes that's true. I guess I should have explained my thoughts better. And used smileys.

2) Yes that's true.

3) Well, MarkG was who I was referring to. He made fun of my bad joke. I thought it was utter hilarity.

See, there's plenty of smilies there.

Comment

Mark should take whatever Civ adverts he can, even for silly bundles like the Civ3 Gold one. It's not his remit to decide which products to advertise, but to raise money to fund the site we all enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                        X