Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted 40000 limit on maximum post size.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not a bug, it's a feature to get you more +1s.
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud

I suppose the real fear here then is that someone might go on a 'quothing' rampage and waste server space by quoting large posts 20K + characters, and then responding to them with another 10K character writing.
      Doing that 10 times is the equivalent of attaching one picture to a thread.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
        It's not a bug, it's a feature to get you more +1s.
        damn, Smiley beat me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
          We're not increasing the limit size because of spam that hasn't happend and may or may not happen?
          See http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...04#post3113004

Still disagree with me even after reading the follow-up linked to above? Well, we'll agree to disagree for now then.

-----------
          Dan; Apolyton CS

P.S. , re: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...35#post3113335, although it should read "... co-administrator ..." not "... administrator ...".
          PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
          >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
            the limit is there so that the server doesn't get overload-flooded
            ...isn't it getting overloaded anyway...

I suppose the real fear here then is that someone might go on a 'quothing' rampage and waste server space by quoting large posts 20K + characters, and then responding to them with another 10K character writing.
            There are only 2 sizes of posts I make, and that's one of them. :/

Is this what you're trying to avoid?

Comment

Spam posts that are greater than 20k words? Don't make me laugh, that's a thesis in spam...
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Talking of spam theses I should get back to mine...I haven't worked on it for a couple of weeks now.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Is this what you're trying to avoid?
                  http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame2.html
                  I would think the "Furious quother" would be more feared
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

If there hasn't been a flame warrior made about it, then it's not a widespread problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X