Documentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Documentation

This post is titled so as not to arouse arguments among all those who joined the "When will the next thread about Post Stats?" contest. Rest assured, I've read all of that thread. (BTW, all but 3 of you have now lost.)

Rather, this is to use the occasion of my transition to Emperor to document how that affects my Post Stats. (I know there's some sort of unwritten rule about not posting "I'm an Emperor now" just to get the needed +1, but the following documentation of the semi-mysterious Post Stats should be of sufficient interest to forestall the wrath of the gods.)

Whatever.

At 2,999 posts, my stats were:

A: 43 | D: 67 | M: 12 | HP: 3

I'll be back in a minute with how this post may have changed that...
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Let me start by quoting:

These are dependent on your post count. A (attack) is based on how many posts you have. D (defense) is based on what your average posts-per-day is. M (movement) is based on the proportion of how long you have been registered to your post count. HP (hit points) shows how long it's till next A increase. When HP goes to 99, next increase, A increases by 1, and HP drops to 0.
    At 3,000 posts, my stats are:

A: 43 | D: 67 | M: 12 | HP: 3

No change.
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Not trying to push my luck, but it should be noted that...

At 3,001 posts, my stats are:

A: 43 | D: 67 | M: 12 | HP: 4

Hit points increased, nothing else changed.

Comment

Next time just paint a big red bullseye on yourself and shout "PCR me!".
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Congratulations, Bunnyman!!

Considering how long you took for the last few dozen posts, I'd say you have little to fear in the way of a PCR. Maybe Ming and rah will require you to bring the supplies tonight. Oh, wait, don't you usually do that anyway??

Who really knows what that stuff means?? I think it's all an experiment wrapped inside an urban legend concealing a joke.

Monk
          so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
            Next time just paint a big red bullseye on yourself and shout "PCR me!".
            **LOL**
            "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

If -Jrabbit was one of the typical spammers... he would be a little toasty now... but he isn't. Anybody can confirm that by reviewing his posting history. And he does bring the beer on Friday nights to my place

I have no clue how the stats really work. Since I'm moving away from the highest possible level every time I post, my hit points suck as well
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Should I feel indignant that you take bribes or that you afford nepotism.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

It is expected for only your HP to move with such a small difference in posts. The title milestones have no bearing on the stats.

A, which is logarrithmically related to post count, will rise sooner or later to 44, but there is no reason to expect it to change on 3,000. D will stay the same if your ppd stays the same. M is only responsive to changes in ppd as well.

Anyway, stop contaminating the comp!

Comment

M should have changed though - 3 posts in a row.
                    This particularly would affect someone who is not a "typical spammer".
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Re: Documentation

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                      BTW, all but 3 of you have now lost.
                      Lies!
                      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                        M should have changed though - 3 posts in a row.
                        This particularly would affect someone who is not a "typical spammer".
                        It's overall activity that is important. 3 posts in a row is unlikely to move M, since relatively large increases ppd are needed to move it.

Comment

Does it consider recent ppd, or from the beginning?
                          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I don't know how it works exactly but it requires large changes in overall ppd to move upwards by much. Obviously you can get this by, say, doubling your recent ppd as compared to historic ppd. Even then M doesn't go up a great deal.

Comment

Hey, that quote was my explanation post that I've been looking for myself to store down somewhere !
                              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                              X