Missing old friends & Reminiscences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV View Post
    what happened to Xin. i think that was his name. a very good CIV ii player.
    yin26?

He was around a lot in the lead up to civ3, and then disappeared as I recollect after the game disappointed.

Comment

Not sure if this is the place to share it, but I think it is amazing and incredible that our Imran Siddiqui is now the Vice President of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA).

I have been ELCA adjacent since I started attending an ELCA college in 1998 and it is still one of my favorite denominations (I was attending about once a month pre-Covid with my wife's aunt in San Francisco, if I had to pick a denomination and stick with it, there is a good chance I would pick ELCA).

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

That's awesome about Imran Siddiqui.

Comment

Wonder is Asher knows?

"Siddiqui is married to Kendall, an elementary school art teacher in the Dekalb County school system, whom he met at St John's. They have a son, Asher, and are expecting a girl in May 2023"
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I met a Danish postman from this site in Dan Francisco many years ago. I wonder what happened to him.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Am still around...just haven't posted in a long time.
              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                Not sure if this is the place to share it, but I think it is amazing and incredible that our Imran Siddiqui is now the Vice President of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA).

JM
                Some things you just can't make up.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower View Post
                  yin26
                  Just today logged into a site I hadn't used well in almost 2 decades (2006 was last comment) and made even a post there - only to see that as signature I had one of Yin26's famous comments:

Criticism is just optimism looking for the light at the end of the tunnel.

Comment

Working...
                  X