Missing old friends & Reminiscences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing old friends & Reminiscences

I just burned considerable time going through the member list, sorted by posts, adding everyone to Seniors not known to me to be an insufferable butthole -and Wiglaf and My Wife Hates Civ- for 22 pages, or about 210 members. It was surprising how many seem to still be logged in and have been by in the last three years, how few haven't since the year was in single digits.

SO - as soon as I post this, I'm firing off an email -hatchet-burying attempt, in fact- to someone who's been out of the community for 8.5 years. I recall a lot of enthusiasm in some quarters when Yin started the old-timers thread in the runup to Civ6; a pity it got moved to off topic and then two months worth disappeared.

Point being, a lot of you have a lot of email addys and a lot of old friends you'd like to catch up with... So what have YOU done about it? I double-dog dare you.

Just as well post about old friends here, too -tell stories, whatever- someone else might have an email address that's good if you say who you'd like to hear from...
    AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
    JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

In some way I followed Yin (really the List) to Apolyton from the OWO forums.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

You've seen this? https://alphacentauri2.info/Alpha.owo/

-I did get that email sent.

No pasarán

Comment

Originally posted by AntiFash Gordon View Post
        It was surprising how many seem to still be logged in and have been by in the last three years, how few haven't since the year was in single digits
        While some posters must have been alive back then, i don't think the forum existed 2012 years ago.

Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Also, my posts show up as unapproved when i post here.
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I do. not. know. why that is happening, Nestor.

My test DL is getting that since I tested a new spammers membergroup - the first few posts in here went up fine. I burned over an hour trying to track it down. I'm stumped. -So far...

No pasarán

Comment

I'm sure there were probably others prior, but the first that I remember passing was Tazidude.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

When was that? Cause? -Tell me more about Tazidude.

No pasarán

Comment

It's been many years. Died from cancer. Somehow, someway his sister got hold of me and I let Ming know. I didn't really know him well, which is what surprised me about the message.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                    In some way I followed Yin (really the List) to Apolyton from the OWO forums.

JM
                    If you're chasing Yin, I've seen him on the Old World discord server recently. Also saw Velocyrix there too.

Comment

I was just Reminiscing. I enjoyed looking art the old OWO forums. I may have posted on the Ultimate Civ2 site, but I think I only downloaded scenarios.

JM
                      (An old-timer, I guess)
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I once accidentally tricked Sloww into putting on an avatar w/ Ozzy peeing on the Alamo...

No pasarán

Comment

• SlowwHand
                          SlowwHand commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Accidently, my ass.

• Buster Crabbe's Uncle
                          Buster Crabbe's Uncle commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Your bottom may indeed be an accident, but I was only going for a mild troll; I had no idea you were so blind you'd put it on.

So, tell me the full story of The Nine Heads of Ming, someone.

What I understand is, he had some people over, there was drinking, it was a paahhtay. Some guest -eight or nine, I think- discovered Ming's computer logged on to Poly - and posted filth as him.

Markos banned Ming for a couple weeks, or something like that...

​​​JR was one of the heads, I just was told.
                        Last edited by Buster Crabbe's Uncle; February 19, 2021, 14:58.

No pasarán

Comment

I miss Buster's Uncle
                          "

Comment

No pasarán

Comment

Working...
                            X