Games with tabletop frontiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Games with tabletop frontiers

Yes, the title is forced but whatever, somebody needs to post on this subforum. Lately I simply haven't had time for Civ type games, because I have three kids now. Lately I've been looking for actually fun board games, because I have three kids now. It started this past Christmas when I got my oldest Catan. We played it until we were all close to sick of it, then I used some cash somebody gave me for Xmas to buy Carcassonne (so I wouldn't feel bad about spending twenty-odd bucks of my own money on a hoity-toity board game). I've only played it once so far, and I don't like it as much as Catan, but I can already tell that it's got the potential to turn extremely vicious for what amounts to a game of oddly themed dominoes. What do you guys play on the tabletop, excluding D&D and such which are just too involved for my tastes?

PS I HATE CLUE SO MUCH
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

My daughter (Age 7) enjoys Dominion. I usually pick cards that I Think she could understand the interactions of and I haven't yet picked 10 cards (the usual).

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
      My daughter (Age 7) enjoys Dominion. I usually pick cards that I Think she could understand the interactions of and I haven't yet picked 10 cards (the usual).

JM
      Include Throne Room if you want to teach her about recursion; don't if you want your games to ever end.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Played a second game of Carcassonne last night. The 6yo stomped us by building most of a gigantic city for the whole game and getting the crucial tile to complete it on his very last turn of the game. 32 points. Little bugger.
        1011 1100

Comment

you gotta up your field ninja game.

Or are you using only the basic rules with roads, cities, and monasteries.
          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Field ninja is how I won 8 of the last 10 games I played.

Power Grid is a fun game to play, and there's countless of 'expansion' boards to mix things up.

Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Basic rules. We've only played two games so far, after all.
              1011 1100

Comment

Working...
              X