Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No-Fault Golf -- Free DFS League at Yahoo

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • No-Fault Golf -- Free DFS League at Yahoo

    This is a DFS (Daily Fantasy Sports) contest at Yahoo. I set up the league as weekly free contests. It starts now and runs 30 weeks (through end of August), dropping the 3 lowest scores.

    Here's the link to join:


    Playing is easy: You submit a new lineup each week. $200 budget for 6 players (price range is $20 to $50-ish per player).

    Scoring: Yahoo standard, with points for per-hole results, plus bonuses for 3+ birdie streaks and finishing in the top 20.
    Here's a link to that: https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/help/golf/rules

    Hope you'll join us!
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

  • #2
    cool, in

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm in

      And if by some chance people miss the first week, that's ok, because the three lowest scores are dropped
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey, Baron O and Slowwhand

      Comment


      • #4
        What does no-fault mean?
        "...awkwardly and shyly. He stroked it gently and then he blushed and turned hastily away. ‘Hullo, Sam!’ said Frodo. ‘It’s warm!’ said Sam.​" -The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring​

        Comment


        • -Jrabbit
          -Jrabbit commented
          Editing a comment
          No-fault golf just means playing for fun. It's just a name.

      • #5
        I am in but looks like too late for this week.

        Comment


        • -Jrabbit
          -Jrabbit commented
          Editing a comment
          Bummer but we drop the lowest 3 weeks anyway. Also, please share the link with Lanny.

      • #6
        Excellent! We have 6 members and room for 4 more.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

        Comment


        • #7
          What was the golf league where you could only choose the same golfer x number of times? Was that on yahoo?
          "...awkwardly and shyly. He stroked it gently and then he blushed and turned hastily away. ‘Hullo, Sam!’ said Frodo. ‘It’s warm!’ said Sam.​" -The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring​

          Comment


          • -Jrabbit
            -Jrabbit commented
            Editing a comment
            A previous version of Yahoo's game -- I think it was 10x/year max usage. It also use to be a foursome with a bench, using them to sub for guys who missed the cut. Those versions are long gone.

            FWIW, there's another fantasy game at pgatour.com with more features: 3 segments, team captain, bench guys, and usage limits.

        • #8
          I had a decent line up with Taylor, Griffin and Henley but then I did some research and grabbed 3 other guys

          Comment


          • #9
            I'd offer congratulations to those who have Rose but it seems both these leagues are point based and score doesn't mean as much. I remember now, the old Yahoo league was top score for leader and 2 pts less for runner-up and 4 less for 3rd on down to zero. I'm really clueless how to pick players, I got lousy scores beating out better scores. I can see the points format opens a door to a whole lotta strategery because it ain't enough to shoot low but to do it erratically. Boom or bust.

            Comment


            • Berzerker
              Berzerker commented
              Editing a comment
              Dahman shot 63 with 3 eagles today

          • #10
            At Yahoo, you want streaky players who aim for the pin. At PGAtour.com, you actually do better with par shooters.​

            Comparing (birdie+bogey) vs (par+par)

            Yahoo: (3.5 + -1.3 = 2.2) vs (0.5 + 0.5 = 1.0)
            PGAtour: (2 + -1 = 1.0) vs (1 + 1 = 2)

            Another key difference is that Yahoo gives bonus points for end-of-day leaderboard position (1st, 2nd, 3rd, top10, top20), while pgatour.com's game gives bonuses to the top two rounds of the day.
            Last edited by -Jrabbit; January 31, 2026, 14:04.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

            Comment


            • #11
              I'll have to study the settings, here's an example, I have Xander Schauffle and he missed the cut with -2 but scored 64 in 2 rounds and he's still my high scorer (had I started him) that includes 3 guys who made the cut already playing their 3rd.

              Rose is awesome, -21 and 8 ahead of 2nd and he's got a 7 wood in the bag. Now I'm looking for 9 woods but the shaft matters, maybe even more than the head. My friend has a 7 wood with a senior shaft and it launches higher and further than mine with an R-flex

              Comment


              • #12
                For some reason, Yahoo thinks the PGA is taking the week off. Returns next week.

                Oh, and the pgatour.com league IS active this week.

                Weird.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

                Comment


                • #13
                  I forgot to do my rosters

                  Comment


                  • #14
                    The good news is is that I didn't forget.
                    "...awkwardly and shyly. He stroked it gently and then he blushed and turned hastily away. ‘Hullo, Sam!’ said Frodo. ‘It’s warm!’ said Sam.​" -The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring​

                    Comment


                    • #15
                      I forgot as well since Yahoo didn't have a game, I assumed there was no golf
                      But I did get a line up in, but I don't get scoring on the first day.
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey, Baron O and Slowwhand

                      Comment


                      • -Jrabbit
                        -Jrabbit commented
                        Editing a comment
                        One of the nice features of the pgatour gaame, the ability to avoid a zero week with a late lineup entry.
                    Working...
                    X