Name That Football Team!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name That Football Team!

Washington Football Team to reveal new name on February 2, won't be 'Wolves' or 'RedWolves'

Team president Jason Wright made the announcement on the team's website Tuesday stating that: "We can't wait to hit the ground running with our team name and identity on a clear path -- one without distracting obstacles, legal or otherwise."
    So hey, let's see if we can figure it out. Apparently, there are trademark issues with "Wolves" and its variations, so that's out. Similarly, it would be the height of idiocy to pick a name involving humans, since they can literally take offense at anything and sue your ass. So my guess is, it will be some kind of animal.

Given the team's history with the "Hogs" O-line (and the 2/2 announcement date), my first guess is: Washington Groundhogs.

What's your guess?
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

I will go with Admirals.

Comment

Hogs is good, but cant be groundhogs - different critter

But I doubt they'd go with it

Are Colonials taken? Maybe some nickname based on the founding

I'm not too fond of the Ls in Colonials, specifically the 2nd L, doesn't roll off the tongue so easily

Comment

Washington Whackadoos
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Comment

Washington Losers
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Doesn't really matter. If the team wins, the name will be good. If the team sucks because the owner is a Hutt sized turd, then the name will suck.
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Seriously, my prediction is Patriots.
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                  -Jrabbit commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well, that was stupid -- the NFL already has a Patriots team....

It's Commanders, which was leaked a while ago either on purpose or through incompetence. Most likely the latter given the past 24 years.

Comment

Hmm, so everyone on the team is a Commander now. So who will follow the commands?
                  Oddly (ironically?) indicative of the franchise's organizational issues...

Comment

I was hoping for Hogs

they couldn't go with the Generals, I think that was the team the Globetrotters routinely beat up

Admirals... maybe thats used

Comment

Should have left it as Redskins.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                        -Jrabbit commented
                        Editing a comment
                        What, just to prove a point by being a jerk?

According to local radio, the rollout was incredibly underwhelming. Not sure what they expected from Dan "I sell expired peanuts" Snyder.

Comment

It's officially inevitable that they will be referred to as the Commmies, don'tcha think?

I do like the logo.

Comment

The invincibles 2003/2004
                          Fry

Comment

Working...
                          X