NFL 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL 2021

It's trade season, with lots of QBs changing addresses -- Stafford to the LA Rams, Goff to Detroit. Deshaun Watson wants out in Houston. Cam was not the solution in NE. Chicago cut Trubisky. Now Wentz is off to Indy to replace the retired Rivers. [Frankly, I was afraid the Bears would pursue Wentz. Dodged a bullet!] Lots of other potential QB changes this year around the league.

I'm confident that, whatever happens, the Bears will end up with another 3rd-tier starter and struggle to get 8 or 9 wins.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

J.J. Watt is going to Arizona.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Hey Sloww, I'm confused. When the hell is Jones gonna get off his ass and sign Dak Prescott to a long-term deal?
      He may not be a top-tier QB, but he's close - and I doubt anything better will come along...
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

He's Top Tier with WR's to match. J erry needs to leave it to Stephen.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
          -Jrabbit commented
          Editing a comment
          So why has ownership dragged its feet on this? They don't have the cap space to franchise tag him again (unless they start cutting/restructuring other contracts). Franchising a 2nd time also puts him a year closer to being a true free agent. Why are they willing to risk this?

Seriously, I just don't get it.

You're far from alone.

Comment

If he wants to come in AAV-wise between Watson and Mahomes at $39M to $45M, tag is cheaper at $37.7M from what I'm seeing. QB demand isn't going to go down, so contracts aren't either. Maybe they're stuck on the structure because they don't have that much cap space free, like JR said. Unless they don't think he's the guy and/or are worried about injuries.
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

It's weird. Cowboys say all the right things, have provided outstanding weapons (albeit at the cost of D), and by all rights should have signed him a year ago. At the time, it appeared (to me) that it was management not stepping up -- that Prescott was willing to sign, but only without a hometown discount. (Of course, I'm old and my memory sucks.)

From Prescott's perspective, this is the best of all possible years for a QB to get tagged. Salaries are high; the cap is down. Collect franchise QB money now, then sign a long-term deal next year when the cap (presumably) gets back to its usual growth pattern.

Comment

That was his plan for last year. Length of contract is the dispute.

Comment

Cowboys, Dak Prescott reach deal on contract extension

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                  -Jrabbit commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, heard that. Didn't think they had the cap space to get it done this year.
                  Guess I heard wrong. Good for them.

According to those fancy pants cap sites, his cap hit this year isn't too bad, $22M. Much more fun if they had to cut half their team before league year starts. Oh well.
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• SlowwHand
                  SlowwHand commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Jones may be a douche bag, but he's a business man.

Free agent RB Aaron Jones has re-signed with the Packers. No surprise.

Comment

Andy Dalton... REALLY...
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

He's the best you've had in decades.

Comment

In his prime, he was legit. Now he's just another strong backup. So now we have 2 of those. Oh boy!
                      It's like they sent out a press release saying, "Chicago Bears announce they will be no better than 8-8 again in 2021."

Comment

He's a pro that performed at least adequately.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                          -Jrabbit commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Dalton went 4-5 as Dallas starter after Prescott went down. With the Bears, he will have a better defense but far lesser weapons on offense.
                      Working...
                      X