College Football 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football 2019

Weirdly, can't find a thread in which it's appropriate to praise Lovie Smith's amazing Fighting Illini, who became bowl elgible today, coming back from a 28-2 deficit to beat Sparty.
    Also, apparently LSU beat Alabama today. I hadn't noticed. But let me get an amen for the long-downtrodden Illini!

I-L-L- !!

I-N-I- !!!
    Last edited by -Jrabbit; November 10, 2019, 11:56.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

5 weeks ago Lovie was likely to be gone after the season. 4 conference wins later, he's probably good for another decade.
    GO ILLINI.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

This was the last CFB thread and it had 2 posts?

How I miss the Golden Ages...
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Mind...blown.
        Last edited by SlowwHand; September 15, 2021, 21:04.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
          This was the last CFB thread and it had 2 posts?

How I miss the Golden Ages...
          QFT.

Just had to put in a GO VOLS after my beloved team finally shows signs of some relevance! 2022-UT 52, BAMA 49. What a game!
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Props this week also to the 2022 Fighting Illini, who are now 6-1, in first place, bowl-eligible, and ranked in the AP top 20 (#18!) for the first time in over a decade. Lovie may have moved back to Texas and the NFL, but the dream lives on!
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I just have to say that Geogia is the best team in the country. That defense is damn good.
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Really showed the Vols to be imposters - at least this past Saturday.

Sadly, Illinois' prsence in the College Bowl rankings will probably be short-lived after losing to Sparty despite clearly outplaying them. And now comes the tough part of their schedule...

Comment

Working...
                X