NFL 2019 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL 2019 Season Thread

Well hell, since the Bears are gone from the playoffs, there's no reason not to start speculating about next year.

The current hot item is Hunt and speculation of whether the Bears would give him a chance due to Nagy's familiarity with him. (and his character)

I'm sure Oakland expect better draft picks from Chicago and Dallas for their trades. Sucks to be Oakland.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Both Khalil and Amari had a direct effect on making those draft picks significantly worse. Hell, the Bears improved from a projected 7 wins to 12 actual wins.
    Makes me wonder whether Gruden included that in his trade calculations...
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

What team will make a deal for Antonio Brown?
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

All depends on the price. His value is slowly going down with every new disclosure.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Teams with the most cap space, a decent QB, and need WR help: Jets, SF, Oakland, Indy. Funniest would be Oakland, who need to replace Amari and have draft picks to deal.

My guess is San Francisco, since Steelers would want him out of the AFC.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

First half of Saints Rams game looks like the Bears-Rams game.

Comment

poor Saints, the refs missed an easy pass interference call that would have let them run out the clock and kick a FG for the win

Comment

Yes, bad missed call that cost them the game. Sometimes I wish that non-calls could be reviewed as well, but then I realize that would be a bad idea. Don't know how they missed such an obvious call.

Comment

thats too bad, I wanted KC vs NO

I didn't know an opening TD in OT won the game, I thought the other team was given a chance. But I guess thats only if its a FG. I still dont like that rule, both teams should get a possession

Comment

I agree, especially for a playoff game.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                      poor Saints, the refs missed an easy pass interference call that would have let them run out the clock and kick a FG for the win
                      While it's too bad the refs missed the call, but the Saints got the ball first in OT and still lost. So my feelings of sympathy are considerably less.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Still, one of the most egregious non-calls in NFL history:

1) blatant pass interference - DB arrived well before the ball, and never turned back to even pretend he was playing the ball
                        2) helmet-to-helmet hit as well

Hell, Robey-Coleman admitted he was beaten and was just trying to prevent a TD. He fully expected a penalty.

Let's not forget that either call would have given the Saints first-and-goal, 1:45 remaining, and Rams out of timeouts. And the officials didn't really bother to confer - not even long enough to see the replay - with the game on the line.

Is this what they mean by "any given Sunday"?

Pathetic. Disgusting. A black eye for the league.

Comment

Did anyone know about this rule?

"Goodell could either tell the Rams "sorry" and send the Saints to the Super Bowl or he could make them play the NFC Championship Game again. Either situation falls deep in the realm of the unlikely, but Rule 17, Section 2, Article 1, as noted by Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio, does exist.

And it reads like this:

"The Commissioner has the sole authority to investigate and take appropriate disciplinary and/or corrective measures if any club action, non-participant interference, or calamity occurs in an NFL game which the Commissioner deems so extraordinarily unfair or outside the accepted tactics encountered in professional football that such action has a major effect on the result of the game."

From cbssports.com

As they say earlier in article it is VERY unlikely to happen, but it would be interesting if they did. I doubt they would replay it, but giving the Saints the victory?? Hmmm.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                            -Jrabbit commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Never gonna happen. Goodell doesn't have the stones to step out onto such a slippery slope.

Considering LA is the bigger market, any changes will be to the rules for next year. Crap happens.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by demonbinder View Post
                            Did anyone know about this rule?

"Goodell could either tell the Rams "sorry" and send the Saints to the Super Bowl or he could make them play the NFC Championship Game again. Either situation falls deep in the realm of the unlikely, but Rule 17, Section 2, Article 1, as noted by Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio, does exist.

And it reads like this:

"The Commissioner has the sole authority to investigate and take appropriate disciplinary and/or corrective measures if any club action, non-participant interference, or calamity occurs in an NFL game which the Commissioner deems so extraordinarily unfair or outside the accepted tactics encountered in professional football that such action has a major effect on the result of the game."

From cbssports.com

As they say earlier in article it is VERY unlikely to happen, but it would be interesting if they did. I doubt they would replay it, but giving the Saints the victory?? Hmmm.
                            It wasn't a club action, it was a ref non-action; it was't non-participant interference; it certainly wasn't a calamity (if you think it was that word doesn't mean what you think it does). Was it "extraordinarily unfair or outside the accepted tactics encountered in professional football"? How many helmet-to-helmet or pass interference calls happen in a season?

Don't get me wrong, it ws a bad a result, I didn't like it, it soured my King Cake.

But calling in Goodell to make things right isn't covered by that rule.
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                            X