Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2018 Thread: Who gets fired first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, at least Oregon won.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

This... this has been a very good college football day.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I beg to differ. Happy for you, though!
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Hey Penn State, Auburn and Georgia lost, so lots of bright sides. But yeah, that is an agonizing way to lose a game. Maybe not as much as Stanford-Oregon but similar enough.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

My god, even UCLA has won a game now.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Help me out here. What's a catchier description for winless Nebraska: oft-defeated or ur-defeated? I prefer the sound of "urdefeated" and its play on "undefeated," but worry some pedant will claim that the prefix can only mean "proto, primitive, original" in English even though it's a borrowing from German where it can also mean "thoroughly" or "very", which is just perfect.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Example sentence: "Nebraska went up two spots in S&P+ this week, entrenching their status as the best urdefeated team in the country."

KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Ãœberdefeated?
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Toast
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm thinking this Oregon season is actually reminding me a lot of Chip Kelly's first as HC for the Ducks. Painful early loss, but quality wins as well. In that light, I think the Wazzu game this weekend might be like the Stanford game of that year... bad loss in an away game after having a big win over a ranked opponent at home the week before. But maybe then they'll rebound and finish the season with just 2 losses, which would be amazing for Cristobal's first season, honestly.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Triggered by the recent USA Today story detailing Frost's buyout situation, there's a semi-interesting story in the Chicago Tribune today by Teddy Greenstein, on the theme of "Big 10 coaches ranked by likelihood of surviving an 0-12 season."

#1 most likely to retain his gig: Pat Fitzgerald, Northwestern
                        #2 on the list: Scott Frost, Nebraska

Here's the text on Frost:
                        Frost is like Paul Konerko in 2003 — a stud having a terrible season. Everyone expected more from Frost, given his miraculous transformation of Central Florida. But roster turnover, combined with installing a new system, mixed with talented but undisciplined players from the Mike Riley regime, have melded into an 0-6 start. Frost quarterbacked the mid-’90s Cornhuskers teams that went 24-2 and has a bond with program patriarch Tom Osborne. Whether it’s $26 million or 26 cents, his buyout is meaningless.
                        Full story here:
                        http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...017-story.html
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Yeah, there's no way Nebraska will fire him after this season, whatever the record. That would be a stupid panic move. Same if UCLA were to fire Chip Kelly. You've got to give a coach time to recruit his own players and implement his scheme.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                            I'm thinking this Oregon season is actually reminding me a lot of Chip Kelly's first as HC for the Ducks. Painful early loss, but quality wins as well. In that light, I think the Wazzu game this weekend might be like the Stanford game of that year... bad loss in an away game after having a big win over a ranked opponent at home the week before.
                            You are a prophet...

Also, my condolences.

Yeah, there's no way Nebraska will fire him after this season, whatever the record.
                            This. Urban is more likely to get fired this season than Frost (and that ain't likely, even after that Purdue game).
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

It would take NCAA sanctions to cost Urban his gig.

Also, who put the nickel in Purdue? I knew I had underestimated them after watching the decimation of Illinois, but that was amazing.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

The contest of which conf is worse keeps going, PAC or BIG
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X