FF 2017 - new commish needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FF 2017 - new commish needed

Just a heads up for anyone who wants to play this year - I'm not going to have time to participate so you'll need to find someone else willing to take over. If someone steps forward I can transfer the league/league history over in Yahoo.
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Since none of these lazy sods is stepping up, I guess I will return to my old post.

But only if we can scrape together a league.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I just took a look at this - if you can scrape together a league, you'll also have to change your settings to make your email address public. Apparently Yahoo won't let me appoint a commissioner with a hidden email address.
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

I'm there.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
          I just took a look at this - if you can scrape together a league, you'll also have to change your settings to make your email address public. Apparently Yahoo won't let me appoint a commissioner with a hidden email address.
          OK. Changed my settings.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I posted a thread at speakeasy, will leave a notice at cfc

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post

OK. Changed my settings.
              Ok. You're now the boss, boss.

Comment

slow or live draft?

Comment

I posted our league at cfc and vincour gave me an infraction for advertizing other forums

first time that happened and I've been posting our league info there for years

Comment

Did he wipe the mention as well?
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

He removed the link to this thread but left the title/thread up and closed, so at least people can see Apolyton has a league. I'll repost a thread once I know why he closed the last one, he said I was advertizing this forum and 'encouraging' people to join. I didn't, but thats open to interpretation. I just posted a link here so people could stay tuned. Course if we do the draft here people would have to join, or join at yahoo. So I'm stuck now trying to get clarification as to what I can post. I must have 50 threads there advertizing our leagues over a decade, several were still on the 1st page going back to last year's football leagues. He said all the moderators missed my prior advertizing. He did too.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                        slow or live draft?
                        Slow draft as always. Start day is usually around mid-August.

Comment

Let's put this together again! Who's playing?
                          Here's the league roster from last year. Enter and sign in, please...

TO BE DETERMINED
                          Flatlander Fox (Omaha Steaks}
                          The Mad Monk (Funky Monks Too)
                          Spaced Cowboy (B****es B Crazy)
                          Greadius (Muffed Puns)
                          MGuth (Nimrods)

RETURNING
                          -Jrabbit (Vicious Rabbits)
                          SlowwHand (Dallas Dwarf Tossers)
                          Ben Kenobi (Electric Slide Jedi)
                          Berzerker (Chiefs)

NOT PLAYING
                          Koyaanisqatsi (Deviations)

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                            I must have 50 threads there advertizing our leagues over a decade, several were still on the 1st page going back to last year's football leagues. He said all the moderators missed my prior advertizing. He did too.
                            Consistently missing that many posts for that long is impressive, in a way. Kind of an ironic rule since some of their oldest registered members came from via the thread they had here advertising their new site.

Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I started a new one without apolyton or a link to this thread

Comment

Working...
                              X