No announcement yet.

2017 Fantasy Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They also changed the silly rule about adding an additional two stroke penalty for signing the score card if you don't know the score is incorrect because somebody added a penalty after the fact.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I was watching when they assessed that penalty on Lexi Thompson. Couldn't believe my eyes.
      What?

Comment

• the important question is: do you play fantasy golf?

Our season approaches

As for Lexi, sure looked like she marked that ball off her original spot... Needless to say the 2nd penalty was absurd. Not that I care, I try to avoid that in tournaments but in our regular play I'm not always very accurate putting the ball down. Especially on the greens I usually play, they're beat up and I think thats another stupid rule - why penalize the player because their ball is sitting in a ball mark or depression. I think people should be able to play it up everywhere like in a scramble. Not in a hazard maybe, but I think people should get relief if their ball falls victim to an unraked bunker.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
          -Jrabbit commented
          Editing a comment
          It wasn't even a phone call; it was an email complaint. Lexi got +4 strokes (2 for mismark, 2 for signing) in penalties and wasn't told about it until the 12th hole of the final round. She lost in a playoff (played the last 6 holes in -3 to force the playoff). And IIRC it was in a major. She was a class act in dealing with it. And at least the rule got changed.

• Yeah, our season approaches. Not that they're advertising the start yet, but soon. New players are always welcome.

And the only tournaments I play these days are scrambles so I never worry about those details.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• we had 5 people within 77 pts, thats impressive - anyone of the 5 could have won it on the final weekend. I didn't look to see what the yahoo experts did on their seasons.

Comment

• Yahoo experts? They don't have those anymore, plus we've always beaten them - so no experts anyway

Comment

• Sad news, my friends. It appears Yahoo has abandoned us. I clicked on the Fantasy Golf tab today and saw this banner: Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2017-12-18 14.20.17.png Views:	1 Size:	404.9 KB ID:	9339238

Play daily fantasy with the all-time leader in fantasy sports. Read our expert advice articles, set your lineup, and compete for cash prizes.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Well that sucks.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I know we didn't like the concept for the PGA TOUR FANTASY partially because we were unfamiliar with it. Here's an overview of the rules.

TWO segments only and (10 tournaments) each player can be selected to 3 per segment.
                  The only really good thing is on substitutions can be made anytime before both players have teed of so it fixes the crap at Yahoo when a round was delayed.

Devotees of PGATOUR.COM may remember from long ago a fantasy game that utilized statistics beyond scores, results and earnings. It was a concept before its time. Now, in 2015, in a world literally at your fingertips, that time has arrived.

Infused with the latest technology and influenced by the evolution of gaming, PGA TOUR Fantasy Golf driven by Avislaunches this week.

PGA TOUR FANTASY GOLF DRIVEN BY AVIS: Sign-up to play

Beginning with THE PLAYERS Championship and concluding with THE TOUR Championship by Coca-Cola, the newest game at PGATOUR.COM will not only consist of two segments of 10 tournaments per, but it will be energized by a series of gamer-friendly options and all kinds of wrinkles that appeal to the spectrum of gamers, casual to hardcore.

Utilizing ShotLink technology, PGA TOUR Fantasy Golf driven by Avis assigns value to every shot in some fashion. It relies on a dedicated scoring system that rewards good play (as it should), but it does so using the specifics that yield the good play.

Those details serve two purposes. First, they will help frame the value of the rank and file that often goes overlooked in all of the other games that ignore the data that ShotLink provides. The second element will play a direct role in owner strategy, which as any gamer already knows, embodies the essence of why we play in the first place. This marriage of the old and the new presents the next generation of fantasy golf gaming.

Gamers will set a lineup of six golfers. Four are starters; two will sit on the bench. Your chosen six are locked once a tournament begins, but you'll have the option to move golfers from your bench into the starting lineup for any round. This is not unlike some options on the current landscape, but PGA TOUR Fantasy Golf driven by Avis has solved one of the most frustrating problems elsewhere. Pay attention to this as it will quickly become a regular step in your weekly decision-making.

If a round has started but you have a golfer on your bench that hasn't teed off, you can still move him into your starting lineup as long as one of your starters also hasn't teed off. This control will be particularly handy when a second round bleeds into a Saturday morning due to weather and the third round is scheduled to begin very soon after a cut falls. But, of course, there are any other number of reasons why you'll want to wait out a lineup decision. Just know that you're empowered like never before.

You're allowed three starts for every golfer per segment. One round in the starting lineup consists of a full start. Bonus points are awarded to all golfers in your starting lineup in the final round. Gamers will receive the equivalent of one-tenth of every FedExCup rounded to the nearest whole number.

As for game play, it's going to take time to get a feel for the scoring. As a result, begin with the macro approach regarding strategy throughout a tournament. You're familiar with the Modified Stableford scoring system and DFS has exploded with a multi-layered approach to assign value, so you already know that memorizing how points are awarded (and surrendered) isn't as critical as the end result.

The angle that PGA TOUR Fantasy Golf driven by Avis takes is that you can focus on what you need to compete because the dedicated scoring system assigns point values to every stroke en route to the score for the hole. Quite literally, every shot counts.

All facets of the game tee to cup are measured with tiered scoring. Hitting fairways off the tee will be a quick way to collect points. While Bubba Watson, Dustin Johnson, J.B. Holmes, Jason Day and Brooks Koepka rank 1-5, respectively, in distance of all drives on the PGA TOUR (through the Zurich Classic of New Orleans), if they don't find fairways, you're setting yourself up to lose if you don't balance out your lineup elsewhere. So, think accuracy over distance most of the time. PGA TOUR Fantasy Golf driven by Avis will reward extreme success, but the risk taken is directly correlated.

On top of investing in golfers with high percentages of greens in regulation, proximity-to-the-hole splits will become commonplace in the analysis. I should add that all of the scoring is hard and fast, not relative to the field. So, on difficult courses, your overall scoring will probably be lower.

Putting is probably the simplest component since the ball is already on the green. Just as in reality, one-putts are preferred. The difference is that longer conversions -- there are four ranges measured -- have greater value. Scrambling is also included in the evaluation.

Gamers can play publicly or set up private leagues. If you go the private route, you can cherry-pick your schedule. Knowing so many of you start and stop at different points in your home games, that feature should appeal to you immediately.

And, of course, there are numerous prizes for winners of tournaments, segments and the season. The grand prize includes a complimentary foursome at a participating TPC course as well as a Titleist driver, Scott Cameron putter and Vokey wedge.

I'll be including insight, analysis and projected lineups for PGA TOUR Fantasy Golf driven by Avis in the Fantasy Insider every Tuesday. Much like how you choose one golfer for one game and another for a different game in the same tournament, I suspect that there will be similar reasons to endorse golfers in this game as I do others, but because of the unique scoring system, there will be different reasons to invest. I'll get into this a little more in the FI beginning this week.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• They could have at least abandoned us at a fire station or hospital or somewhere.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Comment

• OK I have created a PGA Tour Fantasy League here:
                        Think you have the skills to play #PGATOUR fantasy golf?

Let me know if you can join

Its 3 segments: 1 until Masters - then a short 2nd one without US Open and then a final long one from US Open to FedEx Cup Final...

Comment

• Is that a private or public... is there a league name/Id... is there a password?
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Do we get to name the league. Tony Bogey still needs to be remembered
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Of course!!

Can you not see the League? DId you click the URL ?

Comment

Working...
                              X