Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirtyMartini
    replied
    The Viking used to be dumb enough to do that -- recently management has been shockingly competent.

Sadly two QBs on that list have are two members of the Viking QB hall of shame: T. Jack and Josh Freeman. I can't imagine the boos that would rain down if T. Jack came back. Someone just mentioned the name Josh Freeman on sports talk radio this morning and Ben Leber (former LB, now covers the Vikings) didn't even answer he just died laughing.

I think Hill can be competent enough if the line and the defense improve over last year. He's just old and looks like he's constantly in pain so it's hard to imagine he'll make it all year. It's the backup behind Hill that is the problem -- undrafted FA rookie. They'll bring in a 4-5 year vet to back up Hill, but I don't look for them to sell the farm for a real QB. Zach Mettenberger just got cut. He'd be an option. I'm sure they'd try to swing a 4th rounder or so for the Sanchize.

Honestly though, they should at least make a call to Hattiesburg Mississippi and see if the Ol' Gunslinger has an itchy trigger finger.

I'm a Vikes fan obviously.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    That Michael Vick could still get a starting job at 36 - and the Vikings are dumb enough to do that!

Leave a comment:

• Ming
    replied
    Originally posted by Zopperoni View Post
    These are the best Free Agent QBs, according to Adam Caplan:

Tarvaris Jackson
    Rex Grossman
    Matt Flynn
    Charlie Whitehurst
    Mike Vick
    Austin Davis
    Josh Freeman
    Jimmy Clausen
    T.J. Yates

Bleak...
    OUCH... yes, VERY BLEAK.

Leave a comment:

• Zopperoni
    replied
    These are the best Free Agent QBs, according to Adam Caplan:

Tarvaris Jackson
    Rex Grossman
    Matt Flynn
    Charlie Whitehurst
    Mike Vick
    Austin Davis
    Josh Freeman
    Jimmy Clausen
    T.J. Yates

Bleak...

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    Agreed. He looked pretty good against SD last weekend, too.

Brutal injury.

Leave a comment:

• Zopperoni
    replied
    It's a complete ACL tear + knee dislocation, but no arterial or nerve damage: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...nt-knee-injury

Terribly bad luck for the young man

Leave a comment:

• DirtyMartini
    replied
    Not to jump to conclusions or anything...

Leave a comment:

• DirtyMartini
    replied
    So, Teddy Bridgewater...that sucks. They don't usually call the ambulance for an ACL or even a patellar tendon tear, so I'm pretty worried it is a broken bone. Non contact broken bone makes me worried about a path fracture through an underlying lesion.

Leave a comment:

• DirtyMartini
    replied
    I didn't really see what his mom had said -- I just happened to catch the interview with him saying something about mom and Facebook. pretty funny.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    He threw his mom under the bus in his introductory interview -- classic rookie move!
    Given her comments about 'pulling an Eli', I'd be pissed too.

Leave a comment:

• DirtyMartini
    replied
    He threw his mom under the bus in his introductory interview -- classic rookie move!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Yeah, the Chargers really haven't been the same defensively since Jamal left. I just hope he can adapt to Pagano's 3-4.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    If he can play, all is forgiven.

If he's out of shape and ineffective, he'll have to work all the harder for forgiveness.

Watched SD-MIN yesterday, and it's clear that the Chargers need what he was doing at TheOSU...

Leave a comment:

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    I doubt there's long lasting animosity. Rivers signed at about the time, it's still August, there's still another preseason game and he has 2 weeks to get his **** together.

Leave a comment:

• Demonbinder
    replied
    It will be interesting to see how the team reacts when he gets to camp.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X