Apolyton Hockey League 2014-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton Hockey League 2014-15

The Yahoo league is back up and the clock is ticking on the season, but we don't have a thread for it yet, so... are we doing this?

From the previous thread:
    Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
    Rules is Rules

The forum draft works well for us.

For those unfamiliar, and for those who forget...

Offline draft (we post it here in the forum, last year ran from Oct 21 to Nov 6)
    Link to 2012-13: http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/2...ckey-2012-2013
    2011-12: http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/1...y-League-11-12
    2010-11: http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/1...0-11-Preseason
    2009-10: http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/1...9-10-Preseason

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
    Max Moves: No maximum
    Max Trades: No maximum
    Trade Reject Time: 1
    Trade End Date: Sometime during the season, latest date by Yahoo
    Waiver Time: 2 days
    Can't Cut List Provider: None
    Trade Review: Commissioner *
    Post Draft Players: Free Agents
    Max Acquisitions per Week: 5
    Min Games Played: 3
    Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
    Start Scoring on: Week 1
    Divisions: No
    Playoffs: Last three game weeks
    Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR
    Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Powerplay Goals (PPG), Powerplay Assists (PPA)
    Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

* Commissioner trade review subject to the Flubber Rule: the commissioner can be over ruled by a majority of managers voting to do so.

Rules for the BAPAY.

A. The draft timer is turned off from 10PM to 8AM Eastern time. Night owls should feel free to continue with picks during this period, but no one will be penalised for sleeping.

1. 12 hours for the first 3 rounds
    2. 6 hours thereafter
    3. If a person has been BAPAYed the previous round and has not been in contact since, they are BAPAYed immediatedly upon their turn arising until they are sighted again
    4. BAPAY to be done as a intelligent BAPAY-- use the list strictly except for the obvious PIM anomolies. best player is picked to fill any available starters roles first. If all starters are picked its just BAPAY all the way.
    4a. Intelligent extends beyond what is strictly on the list. Common sense and the rule of the reasonable should be used. Ex: towards the end of the draft there are likely to be a lot of goalies, rookies, and defencemen in relatively high positions who have not been drafted; a player should not be loaded up with goalies and rookies on his bench.
    4b. Players unavailable should not be drafted as BAPAYs. Ex: Jagr, Radulov, Emery from years past.
    5. Any manager can BAPAY by posting the pick and starting the clock for the next player.
    6. Any manager who has been BAPAYed may change the BAPAY chosen player for another available, undrafted player during the period up to and including the time the draft returns to that manager for his/her two following draft choices. Ex: you may change your 6th (and 7th)(BAPAYed) draft choice any time prior to or when you make your 8th draft choice. [changed from immediately following draft pick to allow for people at either end of the snake to change a double BAPAY.]

Managers in 2012-13
    notyoueither
    Sparrowhawk
    joncha
    Cavalcadeus
    woollyleanne
    Guynemer
    Kontiki
    Asher
    mrboo123
    snoopy369

Past
    More Cowbell
    Flubber
    Imran
    CrONoS
    KrazyHorse
    Tingkai
    Ninot
    Ben Kenobi
    Pekka
    Hot Mustard
    Jonny
    cinch
    Jaguar
    Sava
    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

I am in with my Canadian assistant.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Sadly, I will not be playing.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I should be good for another go.
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
            Sadly, I will not be playing.

Originally posted by Kontiki View Post
            I should be good for another go.

The league can be found here: http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/30637

Comment

So I'm guessing this thing isn't happening? There doesn't seem to be much interest...
              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned

Comment

It doesn't seem like it.

Comment

Sorry everyone. I lack the time to keep up with this. If anyone wants to take over I'll assign the commish powers to them.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I could conceivably take over commissioner duties, but there doesn't seem to be much interest. Only joncha, nye, snoopy and myself have responded in this thread and renewed our teams on Yahoo. Presumably, everyone got an email from Yahoo about this - I know I did. Plus, it might be a bit late to start a draft now, though I guess we could spill over into the early part of the season (assuming Yahoo allows it).

Comment

I'm still up for it, but time is short and four players doesn't make for a great league.

Comment

I don't think there's any point if there's only going to be four players. I'd say eight is the absolute minimum for a decent league.

Comment

Working...
                        X