No announcement yet.

NBA Basketball 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure the Chicago owner will have the decency to wait until after they lose this game to fire Thibodeau.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

The Bulls look like crap tonight. Desultory performance. Sad.

Seems pretty clear that OKC is hoping to snag Thibs. Reinsdorf traded Guillen a few years ago; smart money says he's planning to do that with Thibs. I don't like to see a strong coach go, but looks like the writing is on the wall. There will definitely be a market.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Yes, it was a very disappointing performance. How can the Bulls lose to a team like that when LBJ only gets 15 points on 7/23 shooting? They came out strong but after first five minutes was back to what we've seen in first few games. Then when Mirotic committed that STUPID F2 it all came apart. I switched over to other stuff in second half and checked in occasionally but knew it was over.

I agree that Thibs is gone and hopefully they can get something for him. Whoever the coach is, they have to figure out these scoring droughts. That just killed them in these games and most of the year.

Very good points by Mike Wilbon:

After a promising season ended with an ugly Game 6 flameout, it's hard to see Chicago not going in a different direction with its head-coaching job.
        Last edited by Demonbinder; May 15, 2015, 13:52.

Comment

I think Reinsdorf is being an egotistical idiot. I thought the same thing when he dumped Phil Jackson.
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

It's not Reinsdorf but GarPax, as it was Krause, not Reinsdorf with Jackson!

Reinsdorf cares more about the Sox than the Bulls,

Comment

Does the greek freak get any attention?
              He was from my old neighborhood.

Comment

One of my friend's status updates in the last few days was: "Thibs should DIE"

Seemed excessive
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Only from a certain POV

Comment

Irving out with a fractured kneecap. Cleveland is done.

Comment

• With Irving coming back from a nasty injury, David Blatt played him 43 minutes before he succumbed. Sad.

Should be Golden State's first title since the days of Rick Barry in the 70s. And yes, I remember those days.
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• While I partially agree, for me, it's the finals. (not final) There is no tomorrow. It's what you're saving him for.
                        But still sad because it should make for a boring rest of the series. But you never know.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• You never do know. Apparently, Lebron can win all by himself.

Comment

• We'll see. They're only 5 or 6 deep at this point. You'd have to think that they can't keep it up against a team that can bring in fresh guy after fresh guy. (many of which would be starting if they were on your team)

But yeah, we are talking about Lebron.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• This will be historic and legendary if LeBron can keep it up.

Even though it will feed the LeBron vs MJ/best ever argument, I'm kind of rooting for him.

Comment

• I can root for him without worrying about that. (MJ NEVER lost in the finals)
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X