Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'll join if you guys need managers. i'll keep an eye out

Comment

I'm in as soon as I figure out how to join...

Comment

yahoo has changed their system and apparently done away with passwords

pm me your email and I'll invite you

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
          is that B for blown saves and holds?

thats net saves and holds
          Yes, that's what I was trying to express.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I cancelled the 2nd league (sorry Vlad) and edited the OP settings

added Hits to give a bit more weight to singles
            separated saves from holds and added a P slot
            added Wins and dropped K/BB so we have 7x7 now

Last year's managers were sent invites and I'll need an email to invite you

Comment

works for me!!

Comment

the offense stats look decent, just added hits, but the pitching makes me unhappy

Wins (W), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Quality Starts (QS), Net Saves (NSV)

I'm throwing wins in there and splitting up saves and holds, but there is no net holds option - go figure. I'll double check that. Yahoo offers total bases against and on base % against, but no slugging against

OBPA basically duplicates WHIP, right? It would be a good stat if we didn't already have something about the same.

Comment

added Wins and dropped K/BB so we have 7x7 now
                  I'm ok with the rest but I'd rather keep the K/BB (and don't like wins at all, it's quite random, expecially for relievers)

Comment

that'll work, both are filler stats since yahoo wont add slugging against

OFs or CF-OF-OF or CF-LF-RF?

I suppose if we chose the latter we'd need another bench spot, I'm happy with one of the first 2 options
                    Last edited by Berzerker; February 18, 2014, 17:00.

Comment

Joined league. I would like to make my standard argument:
                      * Simplify the settings - I'll live with the above but please do not add any more categories. 5x5 is better than 7x7 by my book, and would encourage more people to join if it were closer to standard settings, which honestly work well enough.
                      * Remove a bench spot, or better remove 2 bench spots . Certainly do not add any more. We have too large of benches now. I'd like to have vaguely competent people on the waiver wire, please, and as much as Berz may like stashing half of the league on his bench and playing games with that, I find it makes the game less fun for those of us who check in periodically not to be able to find a decent injury replacement on the waiver wire if you lose both of your 3Bs.

As far as OF, definitely leave them as OF and not positional.
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

thx Snoopy

option 1

R, H, HR, RBI, netSB, OBP, SLG
                        QS, K, netsaves, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, Holds

c, 1b, 2b, 3b, ss, of, of, of, ut
                        sp, sp,sp, rp, rp, p, p, p - bn, bn, bn, bn, bn, bn, dl

I wanted to add a P slot so people could better compete for both saves and holds but that gave us 23 rounds so I added a bn spot to even up the draft and give people a little more flexibility with rps. If we have 8 people like last year the ww will be a goldmine

option 2 (last year's settings)

R, HR, RBI, netSB, OBP, SLG
                        QS, K, net saves+holds, K/BB, ERA, WHIP

c, 1b, 2b, 3b, ss, of, of, of, ut
                        sp, sp, sp, rp, rp, p, p - bn, bn, bn, bn, bn, bn, dl, dl (we can drop a dl)

option 3

what are the standard settings?

I'm happy with either 1 or 2, I did feel we rewarded sluggers a bit too much last year so adding hits gives more weight to singles. I dont know what to do about saves and holds, keep 'em separate or combine them?

speak up folks, we'll be starting the draft in 5-7 days
                        Last edited by Berzerker; February 23, 2014, 18:19.

Comment

If you add a P slot, *delete* a bn slot, not add. I think last year's settings are fine, but option 1 is also fine if you have 22. I don't want 24.
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

i dropped a dl and added a P, i'd rather keep benches at 6 or add 1

if no one minds uneven rounds

last pick could go first the last round

6 are in, El Justo and Slowwhand said they'll play. Illram might join so lets shoot for 10 people

Comment

I will play. I think this year we need the link.

I'd strongly prefer SB rather than Net SB. Net SB isn't very fun.

If it's a shallow league I'd be up for adding roster spots. E.g. CI, MI, another OF spot. It seems each year in this league we all have a roster stacked with all stars at every position and it becomes sort of a crap shoot.

Comment

you'll need an invite, pm me your email if you didn't get one when I renewed the league

anybody else care about using net for sb and saves?

Comment

Working...
                                X