Poly 2 Fantasy Baseball Weekly League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poly 2 Fantasy Baseball Weekly League

My apologies and gratitude for the correction, the mystery about who commished the weekly league has been solved and it was me - the daily league had another commish or we didn't have a daily league

league ID 64746
    Password apolyton

Here's the settings we used last year, feel free to make suggestions but changes/additions will need a majority vote

C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL

Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), On-base Percentage (OBP), Slugging Percentage (SLG)

Pitchers Stat Categories: Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Quality Starts (QS)

how'd you all like having saves and not holds? I could see that becoming a problem with more people. I did get the impression the stats favored SPs a little too much and I'd like to drop the weekly minimum IP to 12-14. We're a bit heavy on the sluggers too, a consequence of having HRs.

Here's the stat options

Batters

Games Played
    Games Started
    At Bats
    Runs
    Hits
    Singles
    Doubles
    Triples
    Home Runs
    Runs Batted In
    Sacrifice Hits
    Sacrifice Flys
    Stolen Bases
    Caught Stealing
    Walks
    Intentional Walks
    Hit By Pitch
    Strikeouts
    Ground Into Double Play
    Total Bases
    Putouts
    Assists
    Errors
    Fielding Percentage
    Batting Average
    On-base Percentage
    Slugging Percentage
    On-base + Slugging Percentage
    Extra Base Hits
    Net Stolen Bases
    Stolen Base Percentage
    Hitting for the Cycle
    Plate Appearances
    Grand Slam Home Runs
    Outfield Assists
    Double Plays Turned
    Catcher Interference

Pitchers

Pitching Appearances
    Games Started
    Innings Pitched
    Wins
    Losses
    Complete Games
    Shutouts
    Saves
    Outs
    Hits
    Total Batters Faced
    Runs
    Earned Runs
    Home Runs
    Walks
    Intentional Walks
    Hit Batters
    Strikeouts
    Wild Pitches
    Balks
    Stolen Bases Allowed
    Batters Grounded Into Double Plays
    Save Chances
    Holds
    Total Bases Allowed
    Earned Run Average
    (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched
    Strikeouts per Walk Ratio
    Strikeouts per Nine Innings
    Pitch Count
    Singles Allowed
    Doubles Allowed
    Triples Allowed
    Relief Wins
    Relief Losses
    Pickoffs
    Relief Appearances
    On-base Percentage Against
    Winning Percentage
    Hits Per Nine Innings
    Walks Per Nine Innings
    No Hitters
    Perfect Games
    Save Percentage
    Inherited Runners Scored
    Quality Starts
    Blown Saves
    Net Saves
    Saves + Holds
    Net Saves and Holds

This can't be correct, I don't think. That's the info for the daily league.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I dont know whats going on

I'm in a weekly league at speakeasy and it has the same roster deadline as this league

Comment

OK, well, as far as I can tell, there's a daily league here and no weekly. Name of league, league number and password for daily is identical to what you posted here, for a weekly.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

When I restarted the league I transferred the settings without looking, I assumed it was the daily league I commished. But apparently I didn't commish a daily league, it was the weekly league.

If we had a daily league last year someone else commished and they'll need to restart the league. I'll be happy to commish either, and since I already got this one going I might as well continue.

Did we have a daily league last year?

Comment

Yes, there were both. I didn't do daily last year though. Maybe I did. The world has turned.
            Do we need to just drop out of the currently existing daily?

EDIT: No, the Settings indicate a weekly cut off. So we've signed up for a weekly league (thinking it was daily) and there is no existing daily here.
            Last edited by SlowwHand; February 18, 2013, 23:05.

Comment

Last year was a weekly, I am almost 100% positive.

This is a weekly right? Because I cannot do a daily.

I would vote to add Holds and call it a day. Don't delete anything. The it is 6x6 rather than 6x5.

Comment

We did a weekly. There was also a daily. Right now, what's set up is weekly.

Comment

I wouldn't want Holds and Saves separately. SV/HD combined would be okay, or just SV. Separately you have the worst of both worlds, largely... holds are overly random, and by themselves are even more so; saves are limited to a small number of people in the MLB universe (24 or so useful closers). The reason to add Holds to Saves (for SV/HD) is to increase the number of useful relievers, far more than it is to give middle relievers inherent value.
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I used to not appreciate Holds.

Comment

I feel like there's a denture joke in there somewhere, but perhaps it's the late hour.
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Either way I'd vote for 6x6, i.e. adding another pitching stat.

Comment

Categories in the first post are what we did last year, I'm fine with them. I do like holds but they were voted out last year so...
                          Anyway SV + H would be fine with me. Not sure about an extra cat for pitchers as I don't like the other options much, most are way to situational to matter and the others are pretty much already covered in whip and era..

Comment

Btw if we do an 8 team league there will be plenty of closers for everyone..

Comment

We played a few years with saves and holds but dropped the latter in our more recent effort to reduce cats, but now yahoo has added a saves+holds option which dont sound bad to me, albeit I'd prefer net saves+holds but I aint too picky. As Snoopy points out saves are more dependable so closers will still be more valuable than set up men if saves and holds are combined into one stat - it'll take more set up men to keep up with closers. I'd go for a 6th pitching stat but dont know what'll work. Total bases allowed is a good stat but it might tilt the field back toward RPs a bit too much, maybe adding TBA and CG would work. I dont normally care for CG/SHO but it would partially counter the damage to SPs by TBA.

Can we get some opinions on the following?

1) Adding Saves+Holds (replacing Saves)
                              2) Adding Saves+Holds (replacing Saves), and TBA and CG (6 hitting and 7 pitching)
                              3) Adding Saves+Holds (replacing Saves), and TBA and CG and 1 more hitting stat like Hits

R, H, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, SLG
                              or
                              R, H, HR, RBI, SB, OPS

(Hits would give more balance to our over emphasis on slugging)

and

QS, (net) Saves+Holds, Ks, ERA, WHIP, TBA, CG

compare these with our current and vote

Anybody want to commish a daily league?

Comment

Working...
                              X