No announcement yet.

2013 NHL Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So... are we going to have the traditional SC contest this year?
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm in.
      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Originally posted by Supr49er View Post
        I'm in.
        Make your picks here...
        http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/2...ck-the-Winners
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Done!

Comment

I'm a bit confused by the Vezina trophy finalists. "Sixth in this, Third in that"... why aren't the higher up folks considered? Corey Crawford, 3rd in GAA, 19 wins, 5th in save % for example? I guess he didn't play quite as many games as the others, but 30 games seems like enough (out of 48)... and the OTT goalie (Craig Anderson), first in GAA and SV%; played in half the games, which isn't bad.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Crawford had a better year than Niemi. I know Niemi is a finalist. Is Crawford? If not, I call shenanigans. I haven't looked at the numbers to see whether or not Crawford deserves it. I know he and Emery are getting the Jennings. But Niemi shouldn't get the Vezina.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Finalists are Lundqvist, Niemi, and that Columbus goalie as the 'small market' toss-in.

Comment

Bobrovsky or whatever... he put on some highlight reel performances. But they didn't make the playoffs. IMO, Vezina winners need to be the kind of goalies that can carry crap teams into the playoffs... e.g. Hasek, Buffalo in the 90's.

Lundqvist is good. Of this bunch, I'd vote him #1. Also, he has a great beard.

I'm still fond of Niemi. I wish he could have stayed with the Hawks. But he's just not the best goalie in the league. The Hawks won the Cup with him, not because of him. Crawford also had a better year. I can understand Niemi being in the conversation... but I'd rank his season... maybe 5th best among goalies... at best.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

go hawks
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Oh good! A game seven that starts at 10PM on a Sunday night!

WHAT THE ****ING ****, GARY BETTMAN? HOW ****ING STUPID ARE YOU? WHY THE ****ING **** WOULDN'T YOU PLAY IT A 4 SO IT COULD BE ON NBC, OR AT LEAST 7. YOU DO KNOW THAT SOME OF US HAVING JOBS TO GO TO ON MONDAY MORNING, RIGHT? DIE IN A FIRE YOU ****WITTED ****HEAD.

ALSO, I'M SURE A ROAD GAME SEVEN IN A SERIES THAT HAS ALREADY HAD FOUR GAMES GO INTO OVERTIME WILL NOT HAVE DELETERIOUS EFFECTS ON MY BLOOD PRESSURE AT ALL. **** **** **** PISS **** **** **** FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I, too, am glad the Wings won.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                          Oh good! A game seven that starts at 10PM on a Sunday night!

WHAT THE ****ING ****, GARY BETTMAN? HOW ****ING STUPID ARE YOU? WHY THE ****ING **** WOULDN'T YOU PLAY IT A 4 SO IT COULD BE ON NBC, OR AT LEAST 7. YOU DO KNOW THAT SOME OF US HAVING JOBS TO GO TO ON MONDAY MORNING, RIGHT? DIE IN A FIRE YOU ****WITTED ****HEAD.

ALSO, I'M SURE A ROAD GAME SEVEN IN A SERIES THAT HAS ALREADY HAD FOUR GAMES GO INTO OVERTIME WILL NOT HAVE DELETERIOUS EFFECTS ON MY BLOOD PRESSURE AT ALL. **** **** **** PISS **** **** **** FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK.
                          wow
                          umad bro?

that was a savarific rant
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Well, at least you're moving to the east ...

Comment

• I just don't understand that realignment plan. Awful, just awful.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                                I just don't understand that realignment plan. Awful, just awful.
                                This (the 10pm game) is probably on purpose to convince DET fans to support it

Comment

Working...
                                X