No announcement yet.

Fantasy Hockey 2012-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How slow will it go with a low level of interest?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Hmmm...

I propose we begin a forum draft on Monday, Oct 22 at 10AM Eastern. That gives everyone a little over a week to plan their involvement.

Given a low level of activity we can go two ways... Loose or strict application of the BAPAY. On one hand it may not be reasonable to expect people to be hovering over a draft for a season that is not certain. On the other hand it may not be reasonable for people to tune out and prolong the process for those who do pay attention. Perhaps a middle road can be taken, and people who do not or can not pay attention will communicate picks well ahead of time to others.

We could ask Flubber and perhaps one or two others like snoopy and Imran to help out so that people can send more extensive lists without tipping competitors to intentions.

If we still can't keep momentum, then get strict with the BAPAY. Sound reasonable?
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Already in
        Cavalcadeus
        Guynemer
        joncha
        mrboo123
        notyoueither
        Asher
        woollyleanne

Still needs to join the league
        Kontiki
        More Cowbell

Could join (and are welcome to if they wish)
        Sparrowhawk
        snoopy369 and friend

Sending email to managers through Yahoo.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)

Comment

Sounds fine to me.
          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

I'm very flexible re: the draft. Tell me what to do, and I will do it.

I still doubt that there will even be a season, but I'm a pessimist by nature.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
              I'm very flexible re: the draft. Tell me what to do, and I will do it.

I still doubt that there will even be a season, but I'm a pessimist by nature.

Fehr is very good at bargaining, so it may seem bleak. However, I firmly believe the players will not throw an entire seasons earnings in the bin to save 14% annually. Keep in mind that a majority of players have NHL careers that last only four or five years., IIRC.

However, they will test the resolve of the owners. It is the only rational thing for them to do.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

I'm going to admit my own ignorance here and ask....what were they doing last year? The way I understand it, the CBA expired last year, but the owners agreed, at the players request, to extend the agreement one more year. The players seem to be saying this year, "just let us play, and we can negotiate while we play"....but it makes me wonder why they didn't try (or maybe they did and failed) to get this done during last season. Or is it more that while the players are playing, no one negotiates because there isn't the sense of urgency to get it done (hence the owners reluctance to agree again)?
                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I'm good with your proposal, nye.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
                    I'm going to admit my own ignorance here and ask....what were they doing last year? The way I understand it, the CBA expired last year, but the owners agreed, at the players request, to extend the agreement one more year. The players seem to be saying this year, "just let us play, and we can negotiate while we play"....but it makes me wonder why they didn't try (or maybe they did and failed) to get this done during last season. Or is it more that while the players are playing, no one negotiates because there isn't the sense of urgency to get it done (hence the owners reluctance to agree again)?

The league asked to begin negotiations during the season last year. The NHLPA said they were not ready yet. That could be plausible due to the disarray the union was in following several leadership changes. It could also have been sandbagging to avoid negotiations until the owners would be forced to lock them out (PR purposes).

The owners were 'forced' to lock them out due to the players strikes late in the season that affected playoffs, the most famous of those being led by one Donald Martin Fehr (cough) that killed an entire playoffs in baseball. 'Forced' is a loaded word, but the owners would have been idiots to open the season without a CBA.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

Get ready for hockey.

NHL offers 50/50 split on HRR in proposal for NHLPA
                      TSN.ca Staff
                      10/16/2012 2:10:27 PM
                      Decrease Text SizeIncrease Text Size
                      Text Size

The NHL put a new offer on the bargaining table for the NHL Players' Association on Tuesday morning, which includes a 50/50 split of hockey-related revenue across the board and contingent on an 82-game season beginning Nov. 2.

"We hope we've given our best shot," NHL commissioner Gary Bettman told reporters on Tuesday afternoon.

Bettman added that the offer calls for no salary rollback and the revised schedule - if implemented - would see one week of training camp and every team playing an extra regular season game every five weeks.

NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr said the offer - which is at least six years in length - is an "excellent start" and he would go over it with his membership in a 5pm et conference call.

Negotiations resumed Tuesday in Toronto in the NHL's labour dispute with the NHL Players Association - the first in five days following two days of meetings in New York last week. Key negotiators Bettman, Bill Daly and Donald and Steve Fehr were in attendance as both sides looked to start bridging the gap on core economic issues.

Both sides have communicated regularly since the lockout began on Sept. 15, but with little to no progress so far as the meetings have focused on non-core economic discussions.

Neither side had formally tabled an offer since Sept. 12.

Click on to TSN.ca for more details as they follow.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

Waiting on Kontiki...
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

It looks like you need one more to make it even number? If so then I'll go ahead and join, just send me an invite (or the info).
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                            Waiting on Kontiki...
                            I'm in. I just let Andrew know that we're definitely firing this thing up, so I'll let you know if he's rejoining or not.
                            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                              Hope the deal gets done. The best part of it (for a fan) is no games will be cut.

Oh, I'm still in too
                              Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                                It looks like you need one more to make it even number? If so then I'll go ahead and join, just send me an invite (or the info).
                                Originally posted by Kontiki View Post
                                I'm in. I just let Andrew know that we're definitely firing this thing up, so I'll let you know if he's rejoining or not.

Very good.

Yahoo Fantasy Hockey. Create or join a NHL league and manage your team with live scoring, stats, scouting reports, news, and expert advice.

League ID 16897
                                PWD Pandas
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X