X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaguar's League (D/ST) Fantasy Football Draft Thread

Draft Thread

League Page

Scoring Settings: On the league page in Yahoo!. None will be changed from this point forward. Note that some key settings have changed from last year; overall, other sorts of players have been buffed relative to QBs, because of the recent upswing in QB production in real-life football. Also, note that we have only twelve teams this year, which should make backups and free agents a little bit less sketchy than in past years.

Making Picks: Pick when it is your turn. Any selection that you make is binding once the next player has selected.

BAPAY Picks: There's a clock on your picks. I can change the clock time at my discretion at the end of a round; this means that everyone is affected equally. I won't overuse this power; I just need it to make sure we finish our draft by Tuesday, September 4. The clock begins when the previous person's pick has been posted. If you do not make your pick in the allotted time, you will receive the Best Available Player at Yahoo!. This is an automatic pick made for you.

BAPAY Determination:
    Your automatic pick will be made so as to fill your roster in a balanced way. Therefore, it will use the following preference order. It will pick the first position in this list that you do not already have.
    RB1
    QB1
    WR1
    RB2
    WR2
    TE1
    RB3
    WR3
    DST1
    QB2 [bye week watch]
    RB4
    WR4
    DST2 [bye week watch]
    WR5
    K
    TE2 [bye week watch]

Under no circumstances should a single backup (QB2, TE2, or DST2) have the same bye week as the starter.

Once the position is determined, a player is selected from that position. Go to Yahoo!'s player lists in our league, select "Season(proj)" from the drop-down menu, and sort by Fan Pts. Aaron Rodgers should be the highest QB, with 45.3 passing TDs projected. Arian Foster should be the highest RB, with 13.9 rushing TDs projected. These are just numbers cooked up by the staff at Yahoo!, but they reasonably represent consensus of what players are likely to do next year, and they are scored within our system. Therefore, these picks should be very fair. Note that they are slightly different from the "projected rankings." For example, projected rankings go Arian Foster - Ray Rice - LeSean McCoy, but scoring by projected 2012 fantasy points has McCoy pull ahead of Rice for second place.

Changing BAPAY picks
    A BAPAY is a conditional pick. It only becomes permanent after 8 hours. If you have been BAPAYed, you can change your pick for 8 hours after the BAPAY pick was assessed. You can only change it to players who haven't been picked yet. Even if a player was picked after your BAPAY, you cannot force the other owner to change picks.

If the a player posting before you has been BAPAYed, then you can call "dibs" on their BAPAY if they end up changing their pick. At this point, nobody else can call dibs on the BAPAY. However, they can call "dibs" on your pick should the BAPAY (and therefore, your pick) be changed. The BAPAYed owner can change his pick to anyone not picked already, and then the chain of "dibs" will go upwards. This whole system gets erased after 8 hours - at that point, the pick is final.

Leaving Lists
    Please leave lists of potential picks, in order of preference, with me or with other active members of the league. This will reduce your picking time to a minimum. For example, if you have two picks close together, you could write a list that says "Give me one RB and a WR from this list. Pick players in this priority: A, B, C, D, E..." Your instructions can be as detailed as you want. If you have left a list with me you will not be BAPAYed.

I implore you to leave lists frequently. Historically we have finished the draft on time, but it would be very bad if we didn't. I expect this draft to complete on Tuesday, August 28, about a week before the season starts.

Private Messages and Other Communication
    Try to send private messages to the next player on the clock - especially if they aren't particularly active.
    If you have a busy schedule and are better-reached by email (or even text message), please give me that contact information. I promise I won't use it to spam you with Nigerian advance-fee fraud.

Discussion
    Draft banter is fine. If you want a long discussion of something pertaining to football, move it to the Fantasy Football Discussion thread.

I've started the draft about four and a half hours early, so the BAPAY clock isn't going to start until it becomes the 13th. I expect snoopy369 to make his pick on time anyway, though.

01.01 Jaguar - Drew Brees - QB - NO
    01.02 snoopy369 -
    01.03 MRT144 -
    01.04 Koyaanisqatsi -
    01.05 Jonny -
    01.06 Berz -
    01.07 OzzyKP -
    01.08 Spaced Cowboy -
    01.09 flash9286 -
    01.10 joncha -
    01.11 Al B. Sure -
    01.12 Slowwhand -

Current BAPAY Clock: 24 Hours
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

clean out your inboxes

Comment

IT HAS BEGUN!
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Drew Brees? I'm really surprised it wasn't Brady or Rodgers.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

01.02 snoopy369 - Aaron Rodgers - QB - GB
          01.03 MRT144 -
          01.04 Koyaanisqatsi -
          01.05 Jonny -
          01.06 Berz -
          01.07 OzzyKP -
          01.08 Spaced Cowboy -
          01.09 flash9286 -
          01.10 joncha -
          01.11 Al B. Sure -
          01.12 Slowwhand -

I serve two purposes with this pick. First of all, picking the highest QB on the board in a QB heavy league. Second, ensuring the packers have a terrible year by choosing one with my first pick.
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

01.03 MRT144 - Ray Rice - RB - BAL
            01.04 Koyaanisqatsi -
            01.05 Jonny -
            01.06 Berz -
            01.07 OzzyKP -
            01.08 Spaced Cowboy -
            01.09 flash9286 -
            01.10 joncha -
            01.11 Al B. Sure -
            01.12 Slowwhand -
            Last edited by MRT144; August 13, 2012, 13:38.
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Dude, fix your post so it shows up on black background please
              01.04 Koyaanisqatsi -
              01.05 Jonny -
              01.06 Berz -
              01.07 OzzyKP -
              01.08 Spaced Cowboy -
              01.09 flash9286 -
              01.10 joncha -
              01.11 Al B. Sure -
              01.12 Slowwhand -

Comment

Weird!

Comment

You probably copy/pasted it somewhere where each line took on a color, and then when you pasted it back something (either you, or the paste action) must've assigned each row [ color=black]. Quote yourself and you'll see it.

Comment

01.04 Koyaanisqatsi - Arian Foster - RB - HOU
                    01.05 Jonny -
                    01.06 Berz -
                    01.07 OzzyKP -
                    01.08 Spaced Cowboy -
                    01.09 flash9286 -
                    01.10 joncha -
                    01.11 Al B. Sure -
                    01.12 Slowwhand -
                    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                      You probably copy/pasted it somewhere where each line took on a color, and then when you pasted it back something (either you, or the paste action) must've assigned each row [ color=black]. Quote yourself and you'll see it.
                      One reason I didn't notice it was I'm on the white background template.

Comment

Well you can't blame me for your poor style choices.

Comment

i sent my pick to ozzy

i'll be back in a couple hours

Comment

12 HOUR BAPAY

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                              12 HOUR BAPAY
                              Chill pill bro, I did not even know we started until just now.
                              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X