No announcement yet.

NHL Playoffs thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little pricey, but he makes for a good back-up goalie.
    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha View Post
      A little pricey, but he makes for a good back-up goalie.
      [Ben Kenobi mode ON] But he is best of all his contemporaries!! [ BK mode OFF]

wow thats a move with far reaching consequences-- How do you look at Luongo and say you are our guy-- Do you let Schneider leave or trade him? (he's a RFA IIRC)and say "Roberto ole chap -- sorry about benching you for games three and four. Obviously you are our number one guy but ummmm errrr ummmm we thought the team would play more inspired with the kid back there-- They are so used to relying on you that they don't play as hard-- you are still our best goalie---yessir!!"
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• On the other hand, though, switching back to Luongo now would mean writing off the series just to massage one player's ego for next season. That's poison for a team, no matter how faint the hope is now.
        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Two quick goals for the rangers-- Most games thats all Lundqvist needs-- NOt Andersonès fault either-- the Sens are forgetting how to play defense
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

On the other hand, though, switching back to Luongo now would mean writing off the series just to massage one player's ego for next season. That's poison for a team, no matter how faint the hope is now.
            But thats harsh- and you are emphasizing the point. Is Luongo the franchise guy-- the elite goalie with the 12 year contrract that you have picked as your guy for the next decade--- or is he not

How can he be your long term number one with a team that wants to win now and next year etc etc if he is not your short term number one

Comment

• That's the $54 million question, isn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber View Post
                Two quick goals for the rangers-- Most games thats all Lundqvist needs-- NOt Andersonès fault either-- the Sens are forgetting how to play defense
                And it's already 4-3 in the PIT-PHI game.

Comment

• Yeah, this game is bats.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

And it's already 4-3 in the PIT-PHI game.
                    9-3 now
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• And another injured player.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Ottawa comes back

Pens send a message

Vancouver looks more confident with TWO Sedins

Comment

• Surprise everyone

Ben suddenly has a lot to say

Comment

• To be fair, he was talking a lot to me when they were losing too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber View Post
                              Surprise everyone

Ben suddenly has a lot to say
                              This just gives Vancouver the opportunity to lose on Sunday now, when he's here to share his shame.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Is H Sedin getting a hearing for his intentional blatant elbow to the head, BTW?

I imagine he'd get a fine at worst, given his reputation. He is finally being a team player though, giving himself fully to the reputation Vancouver has built as a classy team with classy players.

Comment

Working...
                                X