No announcement yet.

The Tim Tebow Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Broncos and Jets have worked things out. Tebow will be a Jet, after all.

It appears to have been Tebow's decision. Good on John Elway for giving him the chance to choose between the Jets and Jaguars.
    Last edited by Al B. Sure!; March 21, 2012, 23:06.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

So the Jets had to kick in $2.53 million plus the 4th and 6th round picks. The Broncos give Tebow and a 7th round. I think the Jets are idiots.
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
        So the Jets had to kick in $2.53 million plus the 4th and 6th round picks. The Broncos give Tebow and a 7th round. I think the Jets are idiots.
        Idiots? Sounds pretty cheap for a playoff-winning QB.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Wait, I thought they already overpaid for their playoff-winning QB...

Force of habit, I guess. That team is a circus.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
            Wait, I thought they already overpaid for their playoff-winning QB...

Force of habit, I guess. That team is a circus.
            Well I just know I'm going to be torn in every direction by this. ****... Sanchez and Tebow on the same team? Like how can I root for Tebow and Tebow getting a starting job if it means putting Sanchez on the bench. ****.

Comment

Let's make this easier for you. Sanchez sucks.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

That may not help much under the circumstances, really.
                "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                  Let's make this easier for you. Sanchez sucks.

That would make it easier except for the fact that Tebow sucks too. The old adage of "I'd rather be lucky than good" was made for Tebow. To bad Vegas doesn't have a team...he could have been a star!
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Jets:

They make the Lions organization look like ****ing MENSA.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Sanchez is neither lucky nor good, so...?
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I would say that he must be very lucky considering the contract extension he just got.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

In that regard, yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                            Jets:

They make the Lions organization look like ****ing MENSA.
                            Actually since Mike Tannenbaum became GM in 2006, he has been pretty good on all his trades:

March 2007: Acquired Thomas Jones & 2nd-round pick from Bears for 2nd-round pick
                            February 2008: Acquired Kris Jenkins from Panthers for 3rd & 5th-round picks
                            August 2008: Acquired Brett Favre & 7th-round pick from Packers for 3rd-round pick
                            February 2009: Acquired Lito Sheppard & 5th-round pick from Eagles for 5th-round pick and 2010 4th-round pick
                            October 2009: Acquired Braylon Edwards from Browns for Chansi Stuckey, Jason Trusnik & 3rd and 5th-round picks
                            March 2010: Acquired Antonio Cromartie from Chargers for 2nd-round pick
                            April 2010: Acquired Santonio Holmes from Steelers for 5th-round pick
                            March 2012: Acquired Tim Tebow & 7th-round pick from Broncos for 4th & 6th-round picks
                            That's a pretty solid track record better than most teams'. The Edwards, Sheppard, and Favre trades were the bad ones but they were high potential reward trades that hardly damaged the franchise when they didn't pan out.

Comment

Working...
                            X