Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A friend of mine ran into Mike Vick today... at a pet store:

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Bears took the Temple TE/H-back Evan Rodriguez in the 4th. Bet they regret dumping Olsen last year.

Weird the Bears didn't draft any O-line, but I'm committed to giving Emery the benefit of the doubt this year. Which is to say, I'm assuming they have a plan...
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        A friend of mine ran into Mike Vick today... at a pet store
        Was he buying Siamese fighting fish?
        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
        One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
          Four Fighting Illini in the first two rounds. Tells you everything you need to know about Ron Zook.
          That he was a good coach? Or are you implying that coaching up high NFL draft picks is a bad thing?

Comment

Bears took the Temple TE/H-back Evan Rodriguez in the 4th. Bet they regret dumping Olsen last year.

Weird the Bears didn't draft any O-line, but I'm committed to giving Emery the benefit of the doubt this year. Which is to say, I'm assuming they have a plan...
            FYI, Rodriguez has baggage.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Bears took the Temple TE/H-back Evan Rodriguez in the 4th. Bet they regret dumping Olsen last year.

I've heard it mentioned that the Bears feel their O-line is fine. They look at the fact that once they reigned in Martz the last two years the figures for the O-line really improved as each season went on. There is something to be said for it but I really thought they would get something since they really don't know if Carimi is healthy and can really play. We have to hope they are right on this one.

Comment

• Rodriguez has baggage.

Their first rounder is undersized and more apt for a 3-4.

Their second rounder has questionable dedication and a potential weight problem.

Their 3rd rounder is broken (shoulder).

Don't get me wrong, they all have nice potential plus sides, but ALL OF THEM have questions and could all end up out of the league in short order.
                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
                  Rodriguez has baggage.

Their first rounder is undersized and more apt for a 3-4.

Their second rounder has questionable dedication and a potential weight problem.

Their 3rd rounder is broken (shoulder).

Don't get me wrong, they all have nice potential plus sides, but ALL OF THEM have questions and could all end up out of the league in short order.
                  Da Bears

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                    That he was a good coach? Or are you implying that coaching up high NFL draft picks is a bad thing?
                    That he's a good recruiter who develops players into NFL-ready specimens, and still finds a way not to win.
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Isn't that better than all the other Illinois coaches who couldn't win or develop players?

edit: To be clear, you're arguing that you had a head coach who could both recruit and develop NFL-level talent (a very rare combination), but you fired him for a lack of gameday execution that would have been better solved by hiring different coordinators. Sounds like a great plan!
                      Last edited by Tupac Shakur; April 28, 2012, 22:59.

Comment

• Yes. Yes, it is. I did not state otherwise; just said, quite specifically, that that's what Zook was/is.

Re your edit: I did not offer a judgment or an argument. Everything following "you're arguing that..." is your interpretation of the implications of my statement, apparently blaming me for Zook's firing to boot. I wasn't talking about that. Yes, I did imply (and subsequently stated) that he was deficient in the area of "winning." Which is mathematically and factually verifiable.

Reading is a skill, Drake. I just made a simple statement regarding the early run on Illinois players in the NFL draft. That's all.

If you want to re-open the discussion of Zook's firing, go troll the college thread.

Comment

• OK.

Comment

• Only one O-lineman signed as an Undrafted FA. It's a good thing that Cutler is going to be doing bootlegs this year; it's just gunna be hard to tell when it's a designed bootleg and when he's just running for his life.
                            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Only one O-lineman signed as an Undrafted FA. It's a good thing that Cutler is going to be doing bootlegs this year; it's just gunna be hard to tell when it's a designed bootleg and when he's just running for his life.
                              What's with the Bears making so few UFA signings? I saw the list for all the teams and every other team signed twice as many as the Bears did.

Comment

Only one O-lineman signed as an Undrafted FA. It's a good thing that Cutler is going to be doing bootlegs this year; it's just gunna be hard to tell when it's a designed bootleg and when he's just running for his life.
                                What's with the Bears making so few UFA signings? I saw the list for all the teams and every other team signed twice as many as the Bears did.

Comment

Working...
                                X