NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
    I think Tannehill is going early and I think he'll be successful. Maybe Miami. The last time I named any player at all was Matthew Stafford leaving high school.
    Some argued, some still do, but I nailed that one. I think I'll nail this one, too, although to a lesser degree as I didn't start on him until his Jr. year in 2010.
    Eagles held a private workout for Tannehill. Either they think he'll fall to the 15th spot or they'll try to move up to get him.

Tannehill is mobile so he fits Andy Reid's template for a QB.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Weird. No way does he drop past the Dolphins. Eagles would have to move up to get him. With Vick and VY on board, and presumably with other needs, why would they bother?

Tannehill was getting 2nd-3rd round grades in January. He has shot up the boards and will be overdrafted.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I think Miami, too. We'll see if it's a reach, but he wouldn't be there in the 3rd, no matter what.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
          Weird. No way does he drop past the Dolphins. Eagles would have to move up to get him. With Vick and VY on board, and presumably with other needs, why would they bother?

Tannehill was getting 2nd-3rd round grades in January. He has shot up the boards and will be overdrafted.
          Mike Sherman is Miami's new OC and he coached Tannehill at Texas A&M. The reunion would seem inevitable.

He shot up the boards due to QB need. Last year, we had 4 QB's go in the top-12 and I don't recall anyone thinking Locker or Ponder would be top-12 selections. It only happened because there were a lot of QB-needy team with high picks. This year, we have 3 or 4 (depending on how you view Cleveland) QB-needy teams in the top-8 picks. Somebody will reach for Tannehill and maybe even Brandon Weeden.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Really, Weeden too? That would be awesome.
            As a Bears fan, I want to see as many early QB picks as possible.
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Biggest knock on Weeden is he's 28 and will be 29 mid-way through the season. I can't imagine a team would draft him as their QB of the future. Weeden's older than Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith.

Comment

• I don't really understand why Cleveland is giving up, or some say they're giving up, on McCoy.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Holy ****! Someone recording Gregg Williams' pre-game speech before a game against the 49ers:

He talks about going for the head and then going for specific players' ACL and ankles . Dude should be banned for life!
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I had simultaneous reaction of "wow" and "not surprised"...

Comment

• Me, too. I just hope Goodell heard this before the meeting today.

Comment

I don't really understand why Cleveland is giving up, or some say they're giving up, on McCoy.
                        They're stupid if they give up on Colt McCoy. His rookie year under lame duck Eric Mangini, the coaching staff didn't want him; he was Holmgren's pick. So they treated him like ****.

In what became a running joke in the Browns’ locker room, Daboll disparaged McCoy loudly and relentlessly – sometimes to his face, sometimes through the earpiece in the quarterback’s helmet.

“There were times I had to pull my helmet off to call a play in the huddle,” McCoy recalled in an interview earlier this month. “Guys could hear him yelling, and they’d say, ‘Just take it off.’ People said to me, ‘Man, I ain’t never seen anything like that. Just hang in there.’”
                        Says a Cleveland offensive player: “It happened all the time. Running scout team, you basically look at a play-card in the huddle and run that play – it’s not like there’s a lot of gray area. And still, Daboll would lose it. One time Daboll was yelling at him as he was running the scout team, into his helmet, and it was the part of the drill that finished practice. As Colt’s walking to the team breakdown area, where Mangini is giving his speech, Daboll is still in his ear, screaming. People couldn’t believe it.”
                        Several Browns recalled a meeting early in the 2010 season in which Daboll told McCoy, “I just watched [tape of] your last college game, and you were terrible. What the hell were you throwing out there? That was one of the worst games I’ve ever seen. Why the [expletive] did we draft you?”
                        Then last year, Peyton Hillis was bumming it, Montario Hardesty missed 7 games, they were starting Chris Ogbonnaya week after week and Colt was throwing to hands down the worst WR/TE corps in the league.

Cleveland needs to build an offense. No sense in drafting a QB who will be playing on that pitiful offense. They need to bring in WR's and an RB (they have 2 1st rounders and more draft picks than any other team) and see what Colt can do the next two years with some talent around him. Then, if he doesn't improve, draft a QB who will actually have something to work with.

Really, they gave up on Brady Quinn too quick, too. They got rid of him after only 12 starts on an equally pitiful offense. If Josh Cribbs is starting at WR, there's a problem with your team.

Comment

• I agree on Quinn also. I think Cleveland is an armpit of sports.

R.I.P. Coach Joe.

Comment

• Saints' bounty appeals denied.

Good.

Comment

Saints' bounty appeals denied.

Good.

Comment

• It's a surprise to me, in a way, but I'm seeing first reports of the Cowboys considering trading Felix Jones.

Comment

Working...
                                X