No announcement yet.

NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Lions pothead got caught. This time it's Nick Fairley.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Tackle Johnny Culbreath was also arrested for marijuana two months ago... that's 3 members of the 2011 Lions' draft class (1st rounder, 2nd rounder, and a 7th rounder).
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Stupid that it's illegal anyway.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Joe Flacco says he's the best NFL QB:

Aaron Rodgers. Tom Brady. Eli and Peyton Manning. Drew Brees. Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco and his agent believe he's right there with the elite class of NFL quarterbacks.

"I assume everybody thinks they're a top-five quarterback," Flacco said when asked where he thinks he ranks among NFL quarterbacks. "I mean, I think I'm the best. I don't think I'm top five, I think I'm the best. I don't think I'd be very successful at my job if I didn't feel that way. I mean, c'mon? That's not really too tough of a question.
          Guess the Ravens are winning the Super Bowl next year...
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• ...Yeah, in his head.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I'm not surprised by his comments. What else is he going to say.... I suck?

While it may not be anywhere near reality, a true competitor has to think that way.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Eli did the same thing last year... that's all I'm saying.

Comment

• I'm with Ming on this one. I bet every QB thinks the same in their mind.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• He says that very thing.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I mostly agree, But I always prefer when they say something more like "I rank right up there." The thinking they're one of the best is good competitive thinking. Saying you're outright the best is sometimes a touch delusional.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                        I mostly agree, But I always prefer when they say something more like "I rank right up there." The thinking they're one of the best is good competitive thinking. Saying you're outright the best is sometimes a touch delusional.
                        It also makes you wonder if he thinks he has room for improvement or not... the guy who thinks he's up there but not the best has an aspiration he's trying to reach. There's a difference between confidence and arrogance.

There's a reason why even in victories, Brady and Peyton Manning always say there's things they could have done better and will need to work on.

Comment

• It's all just TV talk. These guys are hyper-competitive jocks, and generally share the same mindset.

For every statement like Eli's coming true in a championship, there are dozens of others that are just spewing hot air.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                            These guys are hyper-competitive jocks.
                            Jamarcus and Vince say hi

Comment

• It also makes you wonder if he thinks he has room for improvement or not... the guy who thinks he's up there but not the best has an aspiration he's trying to reach. There's a difference between confidence and arrogance.
                              Yeah, that's what I was also trying to get to.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Bears get the "honor" of hosting the first pre-season game against Peyton and the Bronco's.

Comment

Working...
                                X