NFL Football - 2012 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In today's fake rumor news...

Chip Kelley, the next coach of the Philadelphia Eagles.

Or perhaps he got confused and thought someone asked him if he wanted some Philadelphia cream cheese?
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I think it might be true.

The Eagles went in a pretty clear direction during their search process for a new head coach.   All six candidates they interviewed — Duce Staley, Pat Shurmur, Tom Coughlin, Adam Gase, Ben McAdoo and Doug Pederson — were offensive minds. Despite what owner Jeff Lurie previously said, the team clearly wanted an offensive coach.   That left one notable name out of the…
      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• So now that basically all of the head coaching spots are full, Lovie Smith will be able to sign somewhere as a DC, right? I know one team that's a pretty good fit for his defensive philosophy

Comment

• Um, aren't the Arizona and Jacksonville gigs still open?

Or do you just not consider them to be NFL head coaching spots?
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Lovie has said that if he does not get a head coaching job he will not take a DC position and will sit out next year. Bears are paying him so why not?

Comment

• If Darrell Bevell gets hired by Jacksonville, they have got to at least give Tebow a chance. Bevell had Tarvaris Jackson (both in Minnesota and Seattle), Joe Webb, and let's not forget that Russell Wilson, who attended Bevell's alma mater, was actually his pet project; all the credit that Pete Carroll and the GM have gotten for Wilson but it was Bevell who argued for his fellow Wisconsin QB. While Bevell was not a scrambler in college, he has a definite affinity for scramblers. If anybody is willing to take a chance on Tebow in Jacksonville, it would be a head coach Bevell. Let's get it done, Jacksonville
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Sounds like a very good reason for David Caldwell to avoid hiring Darrell Bevell. Seriously, what part of his "can't imagine a scenario" statement was unclear to you?

Alby, your self-appointed need to find Tim Tebow an NFL QB job is every bit as laughably compulsive and intellectually ridiculous as some of the opinions and behaviors you mock in certain other members of this forum.

Just sayin'...
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• It doesn't make any sense. He won games. He beat the Steelers in the playoffs. As I showed, he actually put up good numbers and did all a coach could really ask: score in the redzone and avoid turnovers. And just to put salt in the wound, you have all these running QB's now running the spread option! Umm... Tebow can do that!

It's crazy because the type of playstyle that they damned Tebow for is what is en vogue right now and Tebow can't even benefit from the vindication. He's like the martyr for the scrambling read option QB's.
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• That's exactly what I'm talking about. I didn't ask for your thoughts on the matter. Again.

And again.

And again.

Comment

• Anyone else expecting the Patriots to lose to San Francisco in a few weeks?

Comment

• I expect those two teams to be involved in the game.

Comment

• Ray Lewis is on a mission and his teammates are sucked into his jet stream. He may get 20 tackles.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I'm not sure that my head has decided yet what I "think" will happen, but I know that my heart is "hoping" that this years Superbowl is a battle of the Harbaugh brothers...but I was hoping for that last year too and both of them found a way to lose the Conference Championships.

I am looking forward to the weekend though! Should be two good games.
                            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Even though I really like the cut of SF's jib, I'm kind of secretly rooting for Atlanta to join the SB winner's club.
                              Don't expect it to happen, but it would be nice. New blood and all that.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                                Um, aren't the Arizona and Jacksonville gigs still open?

Or do you just not consider them to be NFL head coaching spots?
                                Exactly.

Comment

Working...
                                X