X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 11/12

The league is up.

The forum draft works well for us.

For those unfamiliar, and for those who forget...

Offline draft (we post it here in the forum, last year ran from Sept 9 to 16)
    Link to last years thread: http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/1...0-11-Preseason
    The year before preseason and draft: http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/1...9-10-Preseason

We may not get a full twelve. Maybe we should expand the rosters.

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
    Max Moves: No maximum
    Max Trades: No maximum
    Trade Reject Time: 1
    Trade End Date: March 4, 2010
    Waiver Time: 2 days
    Can't Cut List Provider: None
    Trade Review: Commissioner *
    Post Draft Players: Free Agents
    Max Acquisitions per Week: 5
    Min Games Played: 3
    Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
    Start Scoring on: Week 1
    Divisions: No
    Playoffs: Last three game weeks
    Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR
    Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Powerplay Goals (PPG), Powerplay Assists (PPA)
    Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

* Commissioner trade review subject to the Flubber Rule: the commissioner can be over ruled by a majority of managers voting to do so.

Managers in 2010-11
    mrboo123
    Guynemer
    joncha
    Kontiki
    Cavalcadeus
    Asher
    woollyleanne
    Sparrowhawk
    notyoueither
    Flubber

Past
    Imran
    snoopy369
    CrONoS
    KrazyHorse
    Tingkai
    Ninot
    Ben Kenobi
    Pekka
    Hot Mustard
    Jonny
    cinch
    Jaguar
    Sava
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

I guess my legacy will live on forever in the flubber rule.

AS previously indicated I will not be playing this year
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I realize it can be intimidating to face off against a manager the caliber of myself, but you can't find a couple minutes a week?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I'm in.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

asher

I didn't enjoy this league much last year . I also played in a keeper league I found on yahoo with super deep rosters and 14 categories (9 for players and 5 for goalies) with very very active managers (you had to have won at least one yahoo league to get in). 13 of 14 managers made at least one trade as an example with IIRC 4 of them having 4 or 5 trades. This league became an aftherthought, the thing I did if I had time enough. I would not have finished well in any event here since I drafted poorly but I lost many many points due to failure to pay attention here. (goalies etc etc) I played out the year but with no activity and no banter,its not my preferred thing.

Just being honest--- I will pop in from time to time but my "few minutes a week" will be focused more on my other league which I enjoyed so very much more. If I think I have time for another league, I think I would try to pick up another good league over there-- simply on my assessment of what I would enjoy most

UNtil last year I had only played these poly leagues and a couple of yahoo public ones (which were similar for low levels of activity). BUt my keeper league last year opened my eyes to what I enjoy and frankly its a deeper league with more active managers and more scoring categories

Its not about quality LOL
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Good luck with it, Flubs.

I do have another league that is more enjoyable due to the depth, but I don't have a family and other such distractions from the important things in life.

Asher, is Leanne coming back?

Anyone else have people they could bring in who can handle the... environment that is Poly?
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post

I do have another league that is more enjoyable due to the depth, but I don't have a family and other such distractions from the important things in life.
              and thats it-- My few minutes get gobbled up with grade 3 homework and "just one more story daddy"

NYE did you settle on your keepers-- mine were pretty obvious I think once I deided I should keep neuvirth-- On your end-- TRADE HEMSKY NOW-- Serioulsy if you could get a first or second rounder and keep one of the other guys , I would do it

Comment

I was sorta debating if I'd join again this year. I suppose I could, and I may be able to bring someone else along (the same gent who participated in our auction league last year, though I haven't brought it up to him at all). I'll have a recurring issue for me, though, in that I'll be out of the country with limited access from September 18 - October 1.
                "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Well, that means we're drafting sooner rather than later. How's everyone with a draft starting on the 12th? I'd put it up on the eleventh in all likelihood.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

Flibber, since you will not be in could you be available to help people with drafting?
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

Fine by me.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Flibber, since you will not be in could you be available to help people with drafting?
                        yes

Comment

I wasn't even drinking yet when I said Flibber.

I've been drinking now.

Yahoooooo!
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

a-ok.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I wasn't even drinking yet when I said Flibber.

!
                              I knew who you meant== Oh and happy birthday I see

Comment

Working...
                              X