Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, Bears would be on hook for his salary. But I agree he doesn't really fit in Martz's system and he might go to Miami or KC first. I'm unsure if I want him back. I am leaning toward being against it. We will know by 4:00 tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by demonbinder View Post
      Yes, Bears would be on hook for his salary. But I agree he doesn't really fit in Martz's system and he might go to Miami or KC first. I'm unsure if I want him back. I am leaning toward being against it. We will know by 4:00 tomorrow.
      No way Miami. Matt Moore is red-hot. I don't see the Dolphins bringing in yet another journeyman QB, especially not when they have no chance for the playoffs. And then you factor in that Matt Moore is playing so well and no way Miami.

That was in the preseason. Not now.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• For my money, I'll say KC as the leading candidate followed by Chicago. Only because the Bears' front office may be Caleb kool-aid drinkers like most of you Bears fans so they'll want to give him a shot.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• If you missed it, happy 40th birthday to the 2nd greatest pass rusher of all-time:

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            For my money, I'll say KC as the leading candidate followed by Chicago. Only because the Bears' front office may be Caleb kool-aid drinkers like most of you Bears fans so they'll want to give him a shot.
            It's an interesting situation. The Bears probably don't want Orton, but with Cutler down, their QB2 is rookie Nathan Enderle (hand-picked by Martz), and they have no QB3. So signing someone is certainly a possibility.

Is Troy Smith still wandering the streets?
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Yeah Smith is out there.

Actually, I saw this with regards to not the Bears but the Houston Texans:

Trying out were veterans Jeff Garcia, Trent Edwards, Brodie Croyle and Kellen Clemens, along with former Rice quarterback Chase Clement.
              There's some serviceable enough QB's out there that will come cheaper than Orton.

Comment

• Jeff Garcia??? Wow.
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Just spotted this in a story about the Texans not being interested in Orton...

The Chicago Tribune and Fox Sports' Jay Glazer both report the Bears do indeed plan to put in a claim for Orton, though he's expected to back up Caleb Hanie if awarded to Chicago.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                    Jeff Garcia??? Wow.
                    Garcia is a very good QB. I'm surprised he hasn't been in the NFL for a few years now. His last season in Tampa, he had a 90.2 QB rating. He's probably not as mobile now at age 41 but he's the perfect game manager.

Comment

• I thought rating didn't mean anything, according to you.
                      The only thing a person has to know about how meaningless QB individual stats are in the long run, Joe Namath is in the HOF.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                        I thought rating didn't mean anything, according to you.
                        The only thing a person has to know about how meaningless QB individual stats are in the long run, Joe Namath is in the HOF.
                        I was going to spell out his exact performance through the 11 games he played that year but thought it easier to just go with QB rating. I overall like the QB rating to get a gauge on a traditional QB. The Mike Vicks, Vince Youngs, Tim Tebows, etc. defy the QB rating metric. But for a traditional QB (although Jeff Garcia used to run a lot in his day), the QB rating is a good simple number to give an idea how someone did.

Comment

• None of the 3 that you name have really done anything as yet.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• "Killer" Kyle really making news, for some reason.

Which team do you think QB Kyle Orton will land with?

Spoiler:

41%
                            Chicago Bears

12%
                            Houston Texans

24%
                            Kansas City Chiefs

24%
                            Washington Redskins
                            The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                              None of the 3 that you name have really done anything as yet.
                              Fine. Randall Cunningham then. A career QB rating of 81.5 which is middling because it doesn't account for his nearly 5000 yards rushing.

Comment

• There is no reason for the Bears to Claim Orton. No team above them is going to claim him, so he'll fall through. Then if the Bears really want him they could try to sign him for considerably less.
                                Orton was gone by the time Martz got here so it's not like he has a leg up knowing his system. The Bears would be foolish to claim him when they could get him for cheaper.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X