This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good thing the Bears aren't afraid of spending money:

Chicago Bears receiver Earl Bennett has received a four-year contract extension, the team announced Friday.

The deal is worth $18 million, with $9 million guaranteed, a league source said.
    I guess it makes sense to pay him that much. I mean they still have a lot of cap room after giving Matt Forte his big contract...
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• On the flip side for Bears' fans:

Now that the Broncos have waived Kyle Orton, who was a central piece in a blockbuster trade with the Bears, the exact price that Chicago surrendered for former Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler can be accurately weighed. It was, in two words -- a bargain.

For Cutler, the Broncos got:

• A 2009 first-round pick that Denver used on defensive end Robert Ayers.

• A 2010 first-round pick Denver traded to Seattle for a 2009 second-round pick used on cornerback Alphonso Smith.

• A 2009 third-round pick Denver traded with its own third-round pick to Pittsburgh for a second-round pick used on tight end Richard Quinn and a fourth-round pick used on guard Seth Olsen.

Now, Orton is in Kansas City, and Ayers is the only player left on Denver's roster that the team got in return for Cutler. That's it. Every other player brought to the Broncos from that trade has been released.

And if that weren't bad enough, the 2009 third-round pick from Chicago that Denver wound up trading to Pittsburgh was used on none other than wide receiver Mike Wallace.

So Chicago got Cutler, Pittsburgh got Wallace, and Denver got … Ayers. Literally.
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Wow. Even counting the 2+ yrs of starts they got out of Orton, Denver really frittered away some nice assets.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Seattle got Earl Thomas with that pick.

Comment

• Does Matt Millen have family in the offices at Denver?
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
              Does Matt Millen have family in the offices at Denver?

Actually, I've heard that Pat Bowlen, the owner, is a bit on the senile side. Makes you wonder.
              But yeah, the Cutler deal is looking pretty good right now.
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post

Actually, I've heard that Pat Bowlen, the owner, is a bit on the senile side. Makes you wonder.
                But yeah, the Cutler deal is looking pretty good right now.
                The only problem is that first rounder in 2009 that Denver used on Robert Ayers could have given Chicago a top WR. The Bears ended up drafting Johnny Knox and Juaquin Iglesias in the 5th and 3rd rounds respectively so they were looking for a WR. The WR's drafted in the next few picks where Chicago would have drafted: Jeremy Maclin, Percy Harvin, Hakeem Nicks, and Kenny Britt.

Any of those guys would sound pretty sweet to the Bears right now.

Comment

• 1. Jerry Angelo has a long history of screwing up early picks.
                  2. We'd still have Orton at QB.

I'll take Cutler, thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                    1. Jerry Angelo has a long history of screwing up early picks.
                    2. We'd still have Orton at QB.

I'll take Cutler, thanks.
                    Definitely!

Comment

• WTF?

CJ Spiller rushed up the middle for a 65 yard loss
                      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
                        WTF?
                        What are you talking about? He broke off a 35 yard run.

The online stats can be glitchy sometimes.

Comment

• Yeah, they just fixed it. That was just a bizarre line to see come through.
                          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Forte down and it doesn't look good. Does not bode well for Bears. At least he walked off field on his own. Hopefully he will be OK. Can't afford to lose him, esp. with way they are playing.

Comment

• Originally posted by demonbinder View Post
                              Forte down and it doesn't look good. Does not bode well for Bears. :ack:
                              Now we just need Stafford or Calvin Johnson to go down for the year and the Giants will be in the playoffs... muahahahaha.

Comment

• Forte out for rest of game. It could be worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X