Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But Flacco has been brutal. No team has really stepped up yet in the AFC.

I wish it could be Texas, but losing Schaub hurts.
    The team to lose the Super Bowl to Green Bay will be... Pittsburgh.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• The Patriots should be the AFC's best team but their defense is ridiculously bad. At least Brady can match teams touchdown for touchdown, though. The Steelers are the most balanced so they're probably the better team, and they beat them, after all.

I do know that whatever team comes out of the AFC South and AFC West is going to be pretty bad. Hell, the Tebow-led Broncos are just as likely to take the West as any other of those teams.

I still think the Jets will make the playoffs since I think Cincinnati and Buffalo are going to start losing games left and right.

And don't be so sure about Green Bay, people. They haven't played the Giants yet.

Honestly, I would not be surprised if the Giants or Saints were to knock the Packers off in the playoffs.

My last year's Super Bowl pick was San Francisco and Baltimore. While that seems more likely this year than last, with the benefit of seeing his play the past two years, I can't imagine Alex Smith leading a team through the playoffs.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• What a lot of rambling to then not even answer the question.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Alex Smith is actually a perfect fit in the "great defense with game manager QB" scenario (think Baltimore's last SB).
          I just don't think the 49ers can stop Green Bay.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
            What a lot of rambling to then not even answer the question.
            I'll tell you one thing. It sure as hell won't be Dallas in the Super Bowl.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Al B Sure's List of the Two Super Bowl Finalist's:
              Baltimore Ravens
              Cincinnati Bengals
              Cleveland Browns
              Pittsburgh Steelers
              Houston Texans
              Indianapolis Colts
              Jacksonville Jaguars
              Tennessee Titans
              Buffalo Bills
              Miami Dolphins
              New England Patriots
              New York Jets
              Denver Broncos
              Kansas City Chiefs
              Oakland Raiders
              San Diego Chargers
              Chicago Bears
              Detroit Lions
              Green Bay Packers
              Minnesota Vikings
              Atlanta Falcons
              Carolina Panthers
              New Orleans Saints
              Tampa Bay Buccaneers
              Dallas Cowboys
              New York Giants

Philadelphia Eagles
              Washington Redskins
              Arizona Cardinals
              San Francisco 49ers
              Seattle Seahawks
              St. Louis Rams

/me
              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Pretty much, although his beloved Eli might still get the Giants a vote.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Wait. Why did you cross out the Giants? I never said anything indicating I thought they weren't going to make the Super Bowl.

Comment

• See? He's even more wishy-washy that you realized.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                      Wait. Why did you cross out the Giants? I never said anything indicating I thought they weren't going to make the Super Bowl.
                      I knew only an idiot would think that the Giants would make the Superbowl this year.....so what are you saying?

/me
                      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Nice!
                        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• That Matt Stafford sure is a great quarterback!

What's that? 6 interceptions in the last 5 quarters?

Comment

• You try throwing a football with a broken index finger.

That said, this game has been comical. Seemed no one wanted to keep the ball at the start of the game.
                            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Avalon View Post
                              You try throwing a football with a broken index finger.

That said, this game has been comical. Seemed no one wanted to keep the ball at the start of the game.
                              If he was hurt enough to cost the Lions the game for the second straight week, he gets out of the game. Besides, he said himself that he's fine and the finger didn't contribute to the INT's last week.

What it is is regression to the mean. He was red-hot to start the season but he's come back to earth.

Comment

• Chaz Schilens sighting Where were you when I drafted you last year?

Comment

Working...
                                X