Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again? I don't know that he was this time, but again?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
      Again? I don't know that he was this time, but again?
      Reggie Bush hasn't gotten 1000+ yards from scrimmage since 2006 but got that much in rushing alone this year. He played only 8 games last year, too. Looks to me like a clear-cut comeback situation.

And by again, I'm referring to the Heisman. He won it because of his play on the field but lost it for off-field activities.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Well, to be fair, Reggie also has little in the way of a high standard to "come back" to... But it was nice to see Bush actually run between the tackles this year.

He and Stafford both deserve a sort of "finally reaching your potential" award.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• FWIW, Reggie Bush didn't get any votes for the comeback award...

Stafford received 21 to Browns' LB D’Qwell Jackson 16 votes. Also receiving votes: Panthers WR Steve Smith, Giants QB Eli Manning, Broncos DE Elvis Dumervil, and Patriots DE Andre Carter.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Eli Manning?! WTF?!
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I know, right?

Comment

• Well if 'comeback' is extended to mean 4th quarter comebacks, Eli would have won that clearly.
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• But it's not.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                    But it's not.
                    Of course not. So I don't know what Eli could have 'come back' from... throwing a lot of interceptions last year? Then Drew Brees should have gotten votes.

Willis McGahee also should have been a contender. I understand the logic with D'Qwell Jackson, Andre Carter, and Elvis Dumervil getting votes but this is a de facto offensive award so I would have picked Bush or McGahee.

McGahee's resume: No 1000 yard season since 2007; only 380 yards in 2010... then 1199 this year in 14 starts. Another definition of a comeback season.

Comment

• Agreed. McGahee and Williams should have been close to the top of the list.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                        Agreed. McGahee and Williams should have been close to the top of the list.
                        ???

Comment

• Are you kidding me?
                          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• The New York Giants are Super Bowl XLVI Champions!

Comment

• That touchdown at the end was about as ghetto as it gets.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Congrats to the Giants.

Comment

Working...
                                X