This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
    Also, Al, it's possible that after a season of playing with Kold, Fitz realized what the rest of Poly was saying about Kolb: No good.
    Is this a ****ing joke? Are you ****ing serious?

I I I I I was the one that said Kolb is garbage and a system QB... the next AJ Feeley out of Reid's system! ME!!!! I was the one calling him Captain Checkdown while others here (Ben and Sloww) were praising him. I was the one that made the avatar bet with Ben based on the idea that Kolb would be trash.

I went back and the only other person who explicitly said Kolb is not good besides myself was Jrabbit. Nobody else said any such thing but the opposite! I repeat: What the rest of poly was saying?

Originally posted by flash9286 View Post
    And Al B. I don't think you can call Kolb captain checkdown anymore. He should start over Vick.
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    You called him Captain Checkdown. Is it that hard to admit that you were totally wrong about Kolb?
    Calling him 'captain checkdown' after coming in as a backup is ridiculous. Obviously he showed that he can throw deep. Getting Albert to admit that he was wrong is something else entirely.
    I would argue long term that the Eagles would be better going off with Kolb, and letting some other team spend the big bucks on Vick. Sell high, buy low.
    Where did I say that? I'm not surprised to see Albert bagging on Kolb because race seems to be the relevant factor for him. He's the only one here, and his reaction was pretty much immediate I surmise that Kolb could dominate and Albert wouldn't breathe a word. That's just the way it is for him. Race is the relevant factor.

As for everyone else, I call em as I see em. Look at the sig, this is nothing new for him.

Neither am I. I'm not sorry to see him go down and see Kolb get his chance.

In May of 2011, I posted:

Spoiler:
    Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    I'm not saying he is but Kolb is similar to AJ Feeley in being a guy who can throw for 300+ yards and a pair of TDs but also throw a bunch of picks.

Hmm... the more I look at their stats, the more similar they look:

Feeley's Philly starts:
    181 yards
    190 yards 2 TD 1 INT
    220 yards 2 TD 1 INT
    253 yards 1 TD 2 INT
    150 yards 1 INT
    321 yards 3 TD (technically Garcia started but it was a Week 17 formality; Feeley played, not Garcia)
    345 yards 3 TD 3 INT
    220 yards 1 TD 4 INT

5-3 as starter 13 TDs 11 INTs (16 TD 14 INT overall including in relief)

Kolb's starts:
    391 yards 2 TD 3 INT
    327 yards 2 TD
    24 yards (concussed)
    253 yards 1 TD
    326 yards 3 TD 1 INT
    231 yards 1 TD 2 INT
    162 yards 1 TD 3 INT

3-4 as starter 10 TDs 9 INTs (11 TDs 14 INTs overall)

Yeah, man... they're about the same.

I mean in Feeley's high yardage total game, he threw for 345 3 TD 3 INT; Kolb's: 391 2 TD 3 INT.
    In Feeley's best overall game, he threw for 321 yards 3 TD; Kolb's best game: 326 yards 3 TD 1 INT
    In Feeley's worst game, he threw 220 yards 1 TD 4 INT; Kolb's worst game: 162 yards 1 TD 3 INT.

And all the games in between are about the same... similar TD-INT numbers, similar yardage... Feeley just won more games!

And it's not like Feeley had anything close to Desean Jackson or Jeremy Maclin to throw to!

Feeley had a 78.6 QB rating in Philly. Kolb's is 73.2. Coincidentally, both have thrown 14 INTs in Eagles' green just Feeley has thrown 16 TDs to Kolb's 11.

As for the second level stats:
    Feeley: 58.6% completion %; 5.2% TD %; 4.5% INT %; 7.0 Y/A
    Kolb: 60.8% completion %; 3.4% TD %, 4.4% INT %; 6.5 Y/A

Going off stats alone, Feeley was better than Kolb. Considering Feeley was throwing to Todd Pinkston, James Thrash, an old Antonio Freeman, with Duce Staley and Dorsey Levens in the backfield and then in his second stint with the Eagles, Feeley had Kevin Curtis and Reggie Brown... while Kolb has been blessed with Desean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Brent Celek, and Lesean McCoy...

I'm really starting to think Kevin Kolb is AJ Feeley all over again. I had thought he was better than that but upon comparing his stats and games with Feeley's, Kolb's done less with more than AJ Feeley did.

YOU, DONEGEAL, were the VERY NEXT POST:

Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
    Overall, 98% of Alby's posts are troll food.
    Maybe if you weren't trying to be an ******* and actually paid attention, you would have known the position I've had on Kolb since Week 1 of the 2010 season!
    Last edited by Al B. Sure!; February 3, 2012, 14:08.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• So Irsay chided Manning for not keeping stuff in house but is tweeting at 1am about Peyton:

Peyton has not passed our physical nor has he been cleared to play for The Indianapolis Colts. Team statement coming on Friday.
      Looks like he's building the case for the coming release.

That team was so bad this year and since they've completely overhauled the coaching staff and stars like Jeff Saturday and Reggie Wayne are looking unlikely to return, looks like rough days ahead for the Colts.
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Oops! Your right Al. I got you and BK mixed up. Easy mistake to make. Sorry!
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Oops! Your right Al. I got you and BK mixed up. Easy mistake to make. Sorry!
          Apology accepted.

The way I am, I thought everybody is 100% familiar with my positions when it comes to football.

Comment

• Another team with a bumpy future:

Reportedly facing significant salary cap problems, the Lions may have a dilemma on its hands with all-world wide receiver Calvin Johnson. Thanks to hitting most of the escalators in his current deal, Johnson has the largest 2012 cap number in the NFL at $21,081,946. Cap situation aside, trying to extend Johnson's contract was probably an off-season priority already since he's entering the final year of his rookie deal and is arguably the NFL's best wide receiver. Johnson will have a tremendous amount of leverage in negotiations with the Lions. ... Megatron's franchise number is so astronomical that the Lions might be forced to let him become an unrestricted free agent after next season if they can't agree on a new deal.
            All those top-10 draft picks every year...

Calvin, Stafford, and Suh alone will account for about 41% ($51.8 million) of the Lions cap next year. That's a rough estimate based on the projected $125 million dollar salary cap.

3 freaking players = 41% of the Lions salary cap.

Typical Detroit-style management.

Comment

BTW, I'll be at my parents watching Brady pick apart the Giants.
              Good luck with that. The Pats D is ass... Brady will put up a lot of points to compensate, you say?

Starting in 2008 and continuing through 2011, Perry Fewell coached defenses in NY and Buffalo have allowed the following point totals to Bill Belichick's Patriots.

13, 20, 25, 17 and 20.

Better not put any money on those Patriots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                All those top-10 draft picks every year...

Calvin, Stafford, and Suh alone will account for about 41% ($51.8 million) of the Lions cap next year. That's a rough estimate based on the projected $125 million dollar salary cap.

3 freaking players = 41% of the Lions salary cap.

Typical Detroit-style management.
                Gee, high draft picks (2nd, 1st, 2nd overall) had huge contracts? Here's my shocked face.
                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Avalon View Post
                  Gee, high draft picks (2nd, 1st, 2nd overall) had huge contracts? Here's my shocked face.
                  It's not about it being shocking. Like I said, "all those top draft picks every year..." There's also the matter of the contracts, especially Johnson's, being heavily backloaded.

It's about the Lions, for all they showed this year, may go crashing back down to suckiness for no other reason than they can't afford any talent.

Sorry, Ozzy and Guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                    Most people call it entertainment. Think of it as setting a puppy on fire in Philly.
                    The ****? You get off on setting puppies on fire?
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• No, he was implying that that is what they do for entertainment in Philly. He was trolling Al.
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Really? It looked like an example of something he'd find entertaining. I've seen no indication that Alby enjoys burning puppies.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• I see Rodgers won the NFL MVP award and Brees the Offensive Player of the Year award. I think that is very fitting and the right way for things to go, but since this is a Chicago-centric site, did Tillman win the Walter Peyton award?

Comment

• No. Matt Birk, center for the Ravens, won the 2012 Walter Payton Award.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Looking at the awards, I see that Matt Stafford won Comeback Player of the Year.

I'm puzzled.

In Stafford's first two years in the NFL, he:
                              -played 10 games with 13 TDs/20 INTs for a QB rating of 61.0 his rookie year, and
                              -played 3 games in 2010.

Doesn't a "comeback" award require that you previously had a good season?
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Reggie Bush was robbed. (again)

Comment

Working...
                                X