Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should be a compelling game, especially since the rematch involves the same coaches and QBs.
    I'm looking forward to it.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
      Should be a compelling game, especially since the rematch involves the same coaches and QBs.
      I'm looking forward to it.
      Most of the players in general are still the same.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Two team I have no love for, but I'm used to that in the Super Bowl. Hoping for a close, hard-fought game with some spectacular plays.
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I hate both teams, but cannot figure out which one I hate more.
          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• I'm the same way. But I have a good friend who is a Giants fan so I'm kind of leaning that way, but not much.

Comment

• So what's Eli's Hall of Fame chances looking like now?
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Same as Jim Plunkett's?
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I'd vote Plunkett before I would Eli Manning.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• You're lying to yourself if you think Plunkett had a better career than Eli Manning. It's not even close. All Plunkett did was win 2 Super Bowls. He sucked otherwise.

Comment

• Alby, STFU.

I happen to think he's off to a pretty good start. Eli's chances are greatly enhanced by his Super Bowl win, by being in a major media market, and by the fact that he's a Manning. He could very well get in. But HOF entry is based on career performance, and Eli has not yet had a career.

So settle down and find something else to talk about. Like whether someone who's career is actually over deserves to get in. Or the fact that Pierre-Paul getting to the Super Bowl allows Julius Peppers to go to the Pro Bowl.

Comment

• The youngest QB for whom we can make Hall of Fame pronouncements is Drew Brees. (He's in.)
                        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar View Post
                          The youngest QB for whom we can make Hall of Fame pronouncements is Drew Brees. (He's in.)
                          Roethlisberger will get in unless he falls off a cliff.

Comment

• Roethlisberger is very inconsistent, and his team wins in the playoffs despite his performance, not because of it. He is also one of the absolute worst sack-takers in modern NFL history because he holds onto the ball longer than anyone but Jamarcus Russell or Michael Vick.

Multiple Superbowls absolutely should guarantee someone on those teams a spot in Canton. It just happens not to be the QB. (Hint: he wears the number 43.)
                            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• I wouldn't vote for Roethlisberger particularly either.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Troy Aikman was nothing special if not for his Super Bowl rings.

Roethlisberger holds onto the ball and gets sacked a lot but he also makes plays by doing that, plays that would not happen if he threw at the first pressure.

Comment

Working...
                                X