X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
    Benson was 12th in rushing this year.

Shonn Greene, 13th.
    Chris Johnson tied Beanie Wells for 14th.
    Matt Forte, 16th
    Adrian Peterson, 18th.

28) Tim Tebow
    29) Ahmad Bradshaw
    40) Brandon Jacobs
    As Imran pointed out, Cedric Benson had 273 carries.

Only 7 backs had as many carries or more than Benson (MJD, Turner, Rice, Lynch, Gore, Foster, and McCoy who also had 273). All of those backs had a much higher yards per carry.

McCoy had 1309 yards and 17 scores on his 273 carries. Chris Johnson who was god awful this year somehow had over 1000 yards (1047 to Benson's 1067) but did it on 11 less carries than Benson. Chris Johnson being ****ing terrible outperformed Cedric Benson.

Shonn Greene was only 13 yards shy of Benson but had 20 less carries.

Hey look Fred Jackson and Ben Tate both came very close to 1000 yards (Fred Jackson in what? 10 games even!) but they only had 170 and 175 carries, approx. 100 carries less than Benson.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Benson was 12th in rushing this year. (Rushing attempts - 273. Per game 18.2)

Shonn Greene, 13th. (Rushing attempts - 253. Per game 15.8)
      Chris Johnson tied Beanie Wells for 14th. (Rushing attempts - 262. Per game 16.4) and (Rushing attempts - 245. Per game 17.5)
      Matt Forte, 16th (Rushing attempts - 203. Per game 16.9)
      Adrian Peterson, 18th.

28) Tim Tebow (Rushing attempts - 122. Per game 8.7)
      29) Ahmad Bradshaw (Rushing attempts - 171. Per game 14.2)
      40) Brandon Jacobs (Rushing attempts - 152. Per game 10.9)
      Note: Giants 323 rushes, 25.1 per game
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Exactly, and they ****ing sucked ass. They were the 32nd ranked rushing team. Maybe you don't know this but this is an entirely different offensive line than the one they had the last few seasons. C Shaun O'Hara and G Rich Seubert were released in the offseason.

I know the Giants blow chunks at running the ball. But we know from last year that Bradshaw is an elite talent. We also know Brandon Jacobs has been dominant in time-shares in the past. They have proven histories that Benson does not have.

I'd take both of them together over Benson any day.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Also,

Bradshaw's 659 + Jacobs' 571 = 1230 yards

They averaged a little more than 3.8 a carry which is close to Benson's 3.9.

Comment

323/16 = 20.18

Neither Bradshaw nor Jacobs played 16 games and they played in games where the other one was hurt.

Comment

• Benson's 7 for 14 with a -2 yard reception as of the 4th quarter, anyway. Dude is garbage. Andy Dalton has ran for more yards than Benson.

Comment

• No one is arguing with you, Alby; I think we all pretty much agree.

There was no regret and no complaints when Cedric got bounced out of Chicago.

Benson's biggest asset is his durability. He's not fast, he's not elusive, and his pass-catching skill are pathetic. Decent pass blacker. Decent short yardage back. Basically, he's a fullback in a league where that position almost doesn't exist.

I suspect we're witnessing a changing of the guard in the Cincinnati backfield.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                  No one is arguing with you, Alby; I think we all pretty much agree.

There was no regret and no complaints when Cedric got bounced out of Chicago.

Benson's biggest asset is his durability. He's not fast, he's not elusive, and his pass-catching skill are pathetic. Decent pass blacker. Decent short yardage back. Basically, he's a fullback in a league where that position almost doesn't exist.

I suspect we're witnessing a changing of the guard in the Cincinnati backfield.
                  Sloww seems to think Benson is hot stuff. They just plug him in because he can handle 20 carries a game without getting injured. He's below average in per carry production.

See that Arian Foster run, Sloww? Benson doesn't even do that in his dreams.

Comment

• Oh that's Mike Mayock. I was sitting here trying to think who that is with Tom Hammond. I was thinking dude sounds like he's from Philly. It's Mike Mayock. That's why.

Comment

• No one else hears that tone? I thought it was just on Eagles' broadcasts on Fox but I'm hearing it in this one on NBC. Every 2 seconds, there's 5 barely audible tones. Jrabbit made fun of me when I mentioned it before but no one else hears it?

Comment

• Arian Foster was probably eating some Marshawn Lynch skittles. He said he had lots of sugar before the game

Comment

• ****ing Charles Barkley. Why the **** is he even on there?

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                            Sloww seems to think Benson is hot stuff. They just plug him in because he can handle 20 carries a game without getting injured. He's below average in per carry production.

See that Arian Foster run, Sloww? Benson doesn't even do that in his dreams.

I didn't say he was hot stuff. As Jr (who pays attention) said, he's durable. Few match Foster.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Tony Dungy noted on Saturday afternoon that Bill Polian, who was the Colts' general manager before being fired on Monday, had been studying a lot of film on Robert Griffin III, the Heisman-winning quarterback out of Baylor. With Polian gone, though, Dungy said that Irsay was likely to draft Luck.

The other option would be to trade the pick, with some reports out there that it could net the Colts three first-round draft picks and two second-rounders. Mort says that's not an option anymore, either.
                              Interesting that Polian was considering Griffin.

3 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders? Really? I don't know. If any team was willing to give that much, the Colts would have to make that trade. They could set themselves up for the next decade with those picks. I don't think Andrew Luck could equal the value for risk of those picks.

Comment

• Well that's it. Lions are done. Brees just turned it the hell on.

Some nice defense there, though, Detroit. No one lines up across from Jimmy Graham at the goal-line. Is this real life?

Comment

Working...
                                X