This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    Really? Who cuts a starting-caliber WR the week before the playoffs?
    Nine games, 15 receptions, 181 yards, no TDs. That's about what Josh Morgan has and he hasn't played since week 5.

Edwards just didn't do enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
      I'd be shocked if they win their 1st playoff game, but they have the taste of winning now.
      I don't know. If the Packers tank it in the final game, the Lions become the #5 seed, which means they play the Cowboys or the Giants. I think that's a winnable game for them, even on the road.

Even as the #6 seed, they have a chance against the Niners (especially after the handshake controversy earlier this year).

However, if they have to go against the Saints, they'll be one and done.

Comment

• Ridiculous, though Alby won't agree. Tebow gets a second alternate in AFC so that means he will most likely play in Pro Bowl. Lots of other AFC QB's that should go before him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zopperoni View Post
          Nine games, 15 receptions, 181 yards, no TDs. That's about what Josh Morgan has and he hasn't played since week 5.

Edwards just didn't do enough.
          So you cut him right before the playoffs? Great. Have one less guy on the field, a talented veteran at that. So beyond Crabtree, they're just going to roll out with Ginn, Kyle Williams, and Brett Swain. Are they serious? That's the WR corps? Whoever takes Edwards' roster spot isn't going to be as talented as him by a longshot.

It's stupid.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by demonbinder View Post

Ridiculous, though Alby won't agree. Tebow gets a second alternate in AFC so that means he will most likely play in Pro Bowl. Lots of other AFC QB's that should go before him.
            Like who? Seriously. Who? Because I want to know. I brought this up earlier that Tebow will get in just because of the dearth of QB's in the AFC this year and it got no discussion.

Brady and Roethlisberger are a given (though both probably won't play) but who's next? Schaub is injured. Rivers stinks this year. Flacco and Sanchez are inconsistent. Fitzpatrick fell off a cliff. Who would you pick ahead of Tebow? Seriously. I want to know who are all these 'Lots of other AFC QB's that should go before him'.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I agree, it's slim pickings at QB in the AFC. The only other two QBs who could be on the "Maybe"-pile are Matt Hasselbeck and Matt Moore, but neither one has necessarily "outperformed" the TeBowler.

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
              So you cut him right before the playoffs? Great. Have one less guy on the field, a talented veteran at that. So beyond Crabtree, they're just going to roll out with Ginn, Kyle Williams, and Brett Swain. Are they serious? That's the WR corps? Whoever takes Edwards' roster spot isn't going to be as talented as him by a longshot.

It's stupid.
              I'm not going to say that it's what I would've done as well.

I do believe there's a tipping point somewhere where lining up a guy who's not in-sync (with the playbook and the game plan) will hurt the team more than it'll help, no matter the talent/experience level.

Comment

• OK, maybe not "lots", but I would still put Flacco, Sanchez and Rivers in front of him. First two may be inconsistent but I still think they are better than Tebow. Rivers inconsistent with stats of 347/566, 4314 and 24? Right.

For the Bears:

"Although Charles Tillman has enjoyed several productive seasons since joining the Bears in 2003 as a second-round pick, the veteran cornerback has finally been selected to his first Pro Bowl.

Joining Tillman on the NFC team are middle linebacker Brian Urlacher, outside linebacker Lance Briggs, running back Matt Forte and special teams standout Corey Graham."

Not sure I would have picked Urlacher - started out strong but fell off end of season. But Tillman really deserved it this year.

Comment

• Nice to see Peanut finally get in. Corey Graham was doubtless helped by the Bears' reputation on special teams, but he is an awesome coverage guy, so good for him.

I haven't looked at the selections yet. I assume demon's post means that Urlacher and Briggs are in, but Julius Peppers is not? It should be the other way around. Peppers may have had his best year ever. He is a total physical freak and a monster on the field.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Here's something Alby won't agree with either, not that it matters. The facts say it all.

Got robbed: The biggest debate we ever have on the NFC East blog is over Manning and Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo. This season, Romo has the third-best passer rating in the NFC, behind only Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees. Manning is sixth in that category. Romo also has the third-highest completion percentage in the conference. Manning has the eighth highest. Romo has three more touchdown passes and seven fewer interceptions, and, among important categories, trails Manning only in yards. Those who argue Romo in the Romo-Manning debates have reason to be upset.
                    Perfect sense: You can argue whether he's even the best quarterback in his division (as you'll see below), but the New York Giants' Eli Manning is having a season worthy of a Pro Bowl spot.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Here's something Alby won't agree with either, not that it matters. The facts say it all.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...owl-analysis-3

Eli actually wins games and is clutch in the 4th quarter. Romo single-handedly loses games and has 4th quarter collapses.

The Eli-led Giants will also sweep the Cowgirls this year.

Not only that but the Giants have the 28th ranked defense and are (WHAT THE FLYING ****?!) 32nd in the run. DEAD LAST running the ball

And Eli is still balling.

Comment

• Anyway, why the hell is Greg Jennings in the Pro Bowl? He's not even the best WR on his team. Didn't even get to 1000 yards.

Plus since when does a WR go 76/1358/8TD, is the #2 receiver in the NFC, and doesn't make the pro bowl? Victor Cruz was done dirty.

Comment

• Why is Eli Manning? Wins games? You talk like the Giants record blows the doors off the Cowboys, which it doesn't. So explain the voting tally.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Why is Eli Manning? Wins games? You talk like the Giants record blows the doors off the Cowboys, which it doesn't. So explain the voting tally.
                            I saw this in an article entitled: 'Giants' biggest asset? Tony Romo'

Statistics don't tell the real story of Eli Manning and Tony Romo's years of quarterbacking battles against each other. It's the different feeling that each of them throws off that gives Manning the edge.

Manning has been the best clutch quarterback in the NFL this season, cementing the renown he already enjoyed for leading the New York Giants to the most memorable Super Bowl comeback in NFL history. Romo is having another one of his Decembers with nice stats but a disappointing won-loss record for the Dallas Cowboys, yet is still talking optimistically -- as usual -- about how he believes his big-game reputation will change.
                            Eli plays on the 32nd rank running team with the 28th ranked defense forcing him to throw to win. He has 5 4th quarter comebacks and 6 game-winning drives this season.

Eli's clutchness is so beyond Romo's. Romo single-handedly lost the Lions and Jets games.
                            Last edited by Al B. Sure!; December 29, 2011, 00:50.

Comment

• I like it when people say **** statistics after listing a bunch. It's mostly just don't look at these stats I don't like - look at these others I like instead.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• No lie. Alby, you have post after post, following yourself, seemingly endlessly, quoting handpicked stats. Reams of them.
                                What I posted succinctly undoes all of that effort.
                                As far as I'm concerned, if I had to pick one, and I've said this, I'd pick QB Rating over any other.

You know what Romo's biggest sin is? People are still trying to get over Aikman.
                                I know you're not a fan, but, and I've pointed this out before so it should be easier, do you know who holds most of the Cowboys QB records? Not Aikman. Not Staubach. Not Dandy Don Meredith or Eddie LeBaron. Danny White. Danny White took so much grief and the biggest thing he did wrong was follow in Staubach's footsteps.
                                There you go. You, a Philly resident, Giants fan whore knows something most Dallas fans don't realize.

Comment

Working...
                                X